Shitefest 2016 24th - 26th June --- Lost Property

Six-cylinder

I need to aim for this another year. Just out of interest, who owns the Corrado? Cornish 'plated - I wondered if they'd made the journey up.

The Corrado is mine, I drove down from Birmingham, I had no idea it was originally a Cornish car as it has been in the West Midlands for well over a decade now.

Well that was an awesome weekend. After missing SF15 I was not going to miss another. Much thankage to Chris & Claire for providing the venue, and railway visit etc. Thanks to Beko for free Pioneer cd autochanger set up which will be put in the Volvo ASAP. Thanks to everyone that helped extract the Rado from the field of dreams. Thanks to everyone and everything for being downright awesome, friendly and generous. Shitefest 2017 can't come soon enough lol.

Looking forward to picture of me driving the Class 08 to appear as that is instant desktop wallpaper background material for the works computer.

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures and videos of the weekend so that those of us who couldn't make it could get at least a flavour of the event.

I have been so close I could almost smell you lot , I drove post the end of 6cylinder's road last night and suspect the lane with a road closed sign nearby could have led me and a very confused Japanese visitor to the Field of MuddyDreams.

But this afternoon at about 5.00pm on the M25 heading East on the Clockwise carriageway , mine eyes did see the glory of......

Only the Sierra Base! Even as I bore down on it travelling a good 40 mph faster I knew it was the grimmest car I would see today, AngryDicky looked like a gangsta in an M3 cabrio, he was sitting so low, is the seat shagged, or was he trying to hide? I wanted to hoot and give the thumbs up, but explaining why to a humourless French banker was beyond his English and mine come to that!

Home now, as are the Brothers Touring in the leaky 328i. Decker Dave may still be en route in the bus... shattered now, will attempt a proper thank you/write up tomorrow when I am less fucked but briefly a HUGE thanks to Chris and Claire for being fantastic hosts, Dave for his decker, the railway for putting up with us all and each and every one of you for making Shitefest 2016 once again the jewel in our crown. Awesome.

Bed now!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

just like to echo the thanks to Mr and Mrs Cylinder for a most excellent weekend, including rapid k series metro based hotel transfers!

Also massive thanks to all and sundry for their help, concern and camraderie provided whist we sorted the BMW.

Finally Many thanks to CMSrecovery for his sterling support car and "banter" aww the way up the road:)

Mr Fowler should be awarded the Harris Mann Medal for most inappropriate vehicle ever taken to a Shitefest!

YES!  I did not win Samaratat though it does now live perilously close since JohnK lives almost within spitting distance.  Looked like a cracking weekend but I am glad I didn't go, mud is not something I enjoy and I doubt very much that the Rover would have enjoyed it either.

Here's to SF17!

Part way down the 'road' from SF venue, my vantage point on the Yellow Bus showed two rather shocked looking young ladies sitting upon their equally shocked looking steeds at the roadside. Human and equine in perfect facial expression harmony......... 'WTF??'

LOST PROPERTY

When we cleared the field there was not much left but here is what we found!

Blue folding chair

20LTR Veg oil

Pack Shitefest 2016 stickers

Spoon

2x Carling lager

4x Metal tube folding chairs

Plastic foot/cover

Prize award

Jump leads in a plastic case

2x wheels and tyres

Roll of white labels

Pack of baby wipes

Anything you want back can be collected.

Thank you everybody who came in spite of the weather.

Mrs Cyl and I enjoyed the event very much and the visiting bus, without you we may have been able to assemble the number of cars but it would not been the same!

But what happened to my Scottish square sausage cooked in the field!

Mrs Cyl and I enjoyed the event very much and the visiting bus, without you we may have been able to assemble the number of cars but it would not been the same!

points at a purdom...........

I did a 1000 mile round trip to help push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again.  8)

A massive thank you to everyone for a great weekend! Fantastic fun and great to meet everyone and the cars! 

But now for some photos:

Scottish/English Border on the A68...

qGKojvC.jpg

When your car is that long it spans two country's. 

FoD's giving the Concours d'Elegance a run for it's money...

Yws16fW.jpg

It's not that deep...

pZl5GaS.jpg

I'm sure Lexus had mud pugging on mind when they designed the car...

W8ZaxUO.jpg

None of them fancy off-road tyres needed...

C9kaSrC.jpg

Sadly, i never made it threw undamaged. I torn off part of my front spiltter on the passenger side(It was already torn) and as some of you know, I had puncture.

The good news is, it's just a screw in the tyre, and once the tyre heated up it never lost air.

rRS7DKY.jpg

Not to worry, i've a full sized spare wheel which i'll fit "soon". But planning on seeing a mate of mine who work's at Quick-Fit tomorrow about it as well as checking the wheel balancing.  

Can't wait for the next time!

cylinder back on after recovering for four days :lol:

chris you ledge

As usual I am not sure what you are saying, but I as you know I can't work out how to upload mobile so that ruled out the weekend and when I got home on Sunday my neighbour left me with a stray dog she had found in the road and that took my evening looking after the dog and finding the owner!

Then the Forum has been down.

post-4787-0-74313800-1467138026_thumb.jpg

As promised a proper comment...

Home after a very long drive. Something like 875 miles covered over the 3 days. Very sore. Very skint now but it was a great weekend. Big thanks to Mr and Mrs Cylinder for putting up with us and organising the day out at the railway which was totally fab which also bring my total amount of trains driven to 4! - 156, 314, 380 and now an 08. Oh, by the way, I got my license at lunctime today! :D

Before I left I wasn't entirely sure I wasn't being completely insane by bringing the bus all that way, especially as it was the thing's first big journey since I got it from Essex back in September, but after seeing how it seems to have become the hottest talking point of the week and how it became especially useful for the journey to the railway, I'm very glad I did bring it and it seemed to make a lot of people rather happy. That said, it may have been a rather overwhelming introduction of Scotoshite's insanity to Mrs Cylinder. LOLZ. Perhaps next time we meet someone we will do a much more gradual introduction to our complete mentalness.

Again, big thanks to Chris and Claire for laying on a GR37 weekend for a bunch of deranged lunatics!

LOST PROPERTY

When we cleared the field there was not much left but here is what we found!

Blue folding chair
20LTR Veg oil
Pack Shitefest 2016 stickers
Spoon
2x Carling lager
4x Metal tube folding chairs
Plastic foot/cover
Prize award
Jump leads in a plastic case
2x wheels and tyres
Roll of white labels
Pack of baby wipes

Anything you want back can be collected.

I reckon the spoon is bub's and the baby wipes either cms206 or Richard.

My apologies for that one but I think we may have diverted it to the Purdoms seeing as they were underneath the BMW in the pishing rain trying to fix the fuel tank. That and the fact the thunderstorm was pouring rain in to the hot oil in the pan made for not nice cooking experiences.

---ENDS---

---ADDENDUM---

While I'm at it there was a lot of discussion about fuel bills so here we go -

24/6/2016 : Old Inns services - Barrhead (inc shunting) - Tebay services - 103.31L (£128.00) = 7.36mpg
24/6/2016 : Tebay services - Cherwell Valley services - 112.6L (£146.27) = 8.8mpg
26/6/2016 : Cherwell Valley services - The field of dreams - Chinnor - The field of dreams - Cherwell Valley services - 90.98L (£118.18) = 6.8mpg
26/6/2016 : Cherwell Valley services - Tebay services - 112.6L (£139.51) = 8.8mpg

Still not filled it up since it's return to Barrhead.

Totals:

£531.96

419.49 Litres

BIG thanks to everyone on the bus who chipped in for the fuel money for the trip to the railway. It was pretty much spot on what the bus used for the journey and I absolutely loved having an actual load of pax on the bus rather than just driving about on my own.

David - I was so impressed you got the bus parked in the field, it was like having royalty to stay.

Hahaha That might be taking things a bit far. That said, myself and Mr Campbell have been driving them so long we've had plenty experience of shunting buses about in tight spaces.

brown wall tyres FTW

Brown walls ye say?

post-5330-0-44378100-1467139754_thumb.jpg

Hahaha That might be taking things a bit far. That said, myself and Mr Campbell have been driving them so long we've had plenty experience of shunting buses about in tight spaces.

I had such faith in your bus reversing skills I didn't even look away:

post-17021-0-28559300-1467140357_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your new train licence!

Ooooh, the jump leads are mine! We used them on the Jcb. My rear ashtray may be there somewhere too, we used it on the Friday so as not to throw ends on the field.

Neither are urgent to return, so if you find a use for them, crack on! The leads came from inside the meriva when we bought it so have no sentimental value. Failing that I'm happy to meet Mrs cylinder somewhere to collect