Text Speak/Youth Translator

Hertz

I recently listed some items on ebay and I'm absolutely appalled by questions I'm being asked-nobody it would seem is capable of stringing two words together to make a proper sentence, I actually find it hard to understand what the hell these fucktards are on about, its actually easier to understand German or French. :? I think its time Britain did something similar to the French in terms of safeguarding their national language but have it against text speak.

I agree, I cant stand incorrect spelling. I let it go if someone makes an error with there or their, but some people are just too ******** stupid. Do they not get an education or read books? Even The Sun has words in it and you'd expect that would help them see the correct spellings.I realise languages do evolve but usually over hundreds of years. Texting has destroyed English in ten.I particularly hate the way that people use words like summat in place of something - I do believe that they think their lazy interpretation is in fact a proper wordJeez, I have turned into my Dad. I didnt see that coming! Best get down that shed and start doing stuff.

This is one of my pet hates too- though I'm the 1st to admit, my spelling isn't great!! Radio and TV ads don't help, using lazy "cool" speech to get the message to their youth audience. Have you heard the current TV ads for Chlamydia awareness? apparently, it's a common sexually "transmi-ed" desease! Can't anyone pronounce Ts anymore?

I particularly hate the way that people use words like summat in place of something - I do believe that they think their lazy interpretation is in fact a proper word

Is that just in writing or speaking too? After all "summat" is a good old fashioned Yorkshire word and I say it all of the time without thinking as it's part of my dialect over here in the East Riding.I do agree that it shouldn't be written unless in a lighthearted fashion such as on here - never in an advert.Text speak is a horrendous disease creeping over the nation along with Americanisms; my cake from Asda the other day had "frosting" on it, not "icing" :(

I agree, I cant stand incorrect spelling. I let it go if someone makes an error with there or their, but some people are just too ******** stupid. Do they not get an education or read books? Even The Sun has words in it and you'd expect that would help them see the correct spellings.

I realise languages do evolve but usually over hundreds of years. Texting has destroyed English in ten.

I particularly hate the way that people use words like summat in place of something - I do believe that they think their lazy interpretation is in fact a proper word

Jeez, I have turned into my Dad. I didnt see that coming! Best get down that shed and start doing stuff.

I used to teach English so I detest seeing 'my' language getting slaughtered every day. My pet hate though is people who say should of when they mean should have. God that really winds me up. Oh and of course there are the brought instead of bought brigade too!

This forum isn't too bad but there is another 'backwards looking' forum not too far from here where a fair percentage of the posters must've been part of the biggest school dodging exercise in history. Luckily I can recognise those with dyslexic tendencies so can forgive them but some people.... :roll:

I agree, I cant stand incorrect spelling. I let it go if someone makes an error with there or their, but some people are just too ******** stupid. Do they not get an education or read books? Even The Sun has words in it and you'd expect that would help them see the correct spellings.

I realise languages do evolve but usually over hundreds of years. Texting has destroyed English in ten.

Jeez, I have turned into my Dad. I didnt see that coming! Best get down that shed and start doing stuff.

I used to teach English so I detest seeing 'my' language getting slaughtered every day. My pet hate though is people who say should of when they mean should have. God that really winds me up. Oh and of course there are the brought instead of bought brigade too!

This forum isn't too bad but there is another 'backwards looking' forum not too far from here where a fair percentage of the posters must've been part of the biggest school dodging exercise in history. Luckily I can recognise those with dyslexic tendencies so can forgive them but some people.... :roll:

Dyslexia winds me up. I realise that it is a valid learning difficulty, but far too many little shits are diagnosed with it as a catch all to explain their behaviour.

The best example of this that springs to mind is a wretched little bottom feeder a friend used to go out with. In every day writing his messages were utter fucking gibberish, but if he wanted something off you they would get far better. This might have been after me telling him that if he didn't text in English (or at least something vaguely comprehesible) that I wouldn't help him with whatever problem had befallen him that morrow.

My worst habit in speech (having grown up, in, and around Huddersfield \ Rochdale) is to say 'I like them' as opposed to 'I like those'.

It's a bizarre affliction. I am aware of the correct usage, but without a conscious effort I fall back down t' pit.

I recently listed some items on ebay and I'm absolutely appalled by questions I'm being asked.

Same here, though what particulaly irks me are questions that if the mouth beather had bothered to read the advert would have been blatantly obvious, such as this recent one:

m8 Y dun U put up money for postin

To which I smply replied

Y dunt U READ item description?

Wife gets quite annoyed as my answers to questins get ever more sarcastic, but in all honesty I would rather not have someone bidding on my auction who is incapable of reading (like shelfy200).

Some people simply can't do it. I've mentioned my old boss before. He was exceptionally intelligent and hard-working but he could not write the simplest sentence. Often you couldn't even work out what he was trying to say in memos and emails. He was fine when he was speaking and, unusually for a techno-whizz, he was very good at explaining complicated electronic devices so he could grasp English no problem, he just couldn't write it down.

Have you heard the current TV ads for Chlamydia awareness? apparently, it's a common sexually "transmi-ed" desease! Can't anyone pronounce Ts anymore?

This also pisses me off. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting bombarded with 'adverts' for Chlamydia now. Went to the cinema on Friday and had to sit through one, all the ones on Tv and then went into the town centre yesterday to be confronted with one of those fuck off big A frame ads on the back of a truck telling me that as '1 in 10 of us has it' I could well be at risk...Well, actuall, 1 in 10 of 'US' does not have fucking chlamydia, 1 in 10 of the scrotes who shag any dirty old thing that moves might but not those of us who have some standards.Anyway, spelling. I get very upset about people who just can't spell simple phrases. I see quite a lot of job application with attrocious spelling and looking like they have been written by a five year old.These end up consigned straight to the bin :evil: