Your car in a movie

Peter C

NorfolkNWeigh, on 10 Jan 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

From what I remember it was about a wealthy bloke in an SD1 grooming and abusing teenage girls from a prototypical Northern sink estate, there was also a sub plot involving racism .

In light of recent revelations it should be seen as a documentary .

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Always assumed it was a 2600SE,scene of most action*

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nosy neighbour's Metro.

The front garden of one of the teenage girls (think it was her that went on to feature in Benidorm, or Coronation Street) featured a Vauxhall Viva HC up on blocks, possibly the inspiration for Onslow's Avenger/dog kennel in keeping up appearances..... or maybe not come to think of it.

Hyacinth's neighbour had a five-door Metro.  Cannon and Ball had a three-door dressed as a police car in The Boys In Blue, and Metros were the basic panda cars on The Bill for a while.  Also I think Stephanie Turner drove a red one in Juliet Bravo.

X300, isn't that M's car in Spectre?  The one that gets T-boned in an alley?

Think Stephanie Turnip drove a red Mini 1000 Eddy, seem to remember its windscreen getting smashed by a juvenile delinquent in an early episode, her replacement, Anna Carteret, (Insp Kate Longton) had a Metro, followed by a maestro in later episodes, and yes, I am ashamed that I remember this.

One of the taxi drivers in Rita, Sue etc is my mate Dennis, with whom I worked for a few years (long after the movie).  He also played an Asian shopkeeper in Waterloo Road, with a shitey yellow Renault Trafic.  His actual Hyundai Pony could be seen parked outside "his" shop next to the van!

I remember reading about that scene in PC,  can't remember what the show was but they got the owners club involved and dressed up all the cars as series 1's by swapping grilles and bumpers round.

Heres a Cherry in Bugs

i465061.jpg

A late plate madness Disco in Midsommer Murders

i119812.jpg

and a 2 door Austin 1100 mk3 in Hazell,  my car was this colour in 1978 and lived down south is could be the same car (unlikely).

i746395.jpg

i746398.jpg

Apparently my allegro was in a movie or a TV show or something.

BL production line scene, so it must have been a pretty good show.

I guess it was 'The Rotters' Club' from 2005. I watched it at the time. BBC2 I think...

In some of the footage it was identical to my old C70 T5 down to the wheels...

i002749.jpg

Knackered ADO16 in Clockwise, the second most famous of John Cleese's ADO16 destroying roles.

hqdefault.jpg

Speaking of Ronin, how about the V70R which I must admit was a bit shit compared to the S8...

i006119.jpg

Can't think of anything with a Disco TD5 in...

You've obviously never experienced the delights of an SAS TV show called Ultimate Force , Phil Mitchell's brother, you know the one the ginger bird that was shagging the Prime Minister used to beat up, is the leader of the British Army and they win wars every week. Ably assisted by lots of TD5 Discos in pre and post facelift flavours.

post-17414-0-30842700-1452502609_thumb.jpgpost-17414-0-93976900-1452502625_thumb.jpg

My dad's actual Morris Minor had a film role but not one you're likely to have seen - it features prominently in a short 1950s-set film called 'Count Your Blessings' made by a local amateur film group about 20 years ago. Myself and my family also appear briefly as ramblers, having received a phone call that very morning asking if we would like to be extras and dressed in fifties gear from our own wardrobes! I was about 8 or 9 at the time and I remember how tedious it was - all we had to do was walk from the village hall around the corner out of shot, about 10 or 20 seconds, but it took hours just to film that one scene with all the retakes.

My 323i was in a TV series called Looking after Jo Jo. It was set in Edinburgh in the early 80s. It was actually meant to be set in 1982 but the BBC weren't worried by the fact that my E30 wasn't launched in the UK until 1983.

I spent a very nice day in 1997 with Robert Carlisle and others. The character Danny was the driver of my car. The actor was from the Scottish soap at the time (Take the High Road IIRC)

It wore false plates for the day and although I was there all day, the car was only on screen for about 25seconds in the final cut.

A very profitable day as well for me :)