Samage's Spots - Ye gods! An update?! 30/10/07

Samage

....and no, I don't mean my acne.First up, hello, some of you may know me from Retro Rides, proud-ish owner of a Volkswagen K70, and a Volkswagen Beetle. A popular classic I know, but I love it, so neeer. :P Over the last year or so, I've found more than my fair share of tat, and I'd like to share it with you all. Worth noting that all these pics have probably been on retro-rides at one point or another. Also worth noting I tend to go after "dead" tat more than "alive" tat, avoids those awkward moments when the owner asks what the hell you think you're doing....Spottings during last SummerLatest findings - tractors and vans...Shamless picture of my K70. Booyah.Well, enjoy.... :D

Welcome to Autoshite Samage. We've been expecting you....Great pics, and adore the K70. You restored that? The really dead cars I love. Trying to work out what the buried one is thats just a back window. Looks like a Rover P6.http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/SamageShowAlbums/Summer2006/?action=view&current=98f76743.jpgWhat is this one? Looks American.http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/SamageShowAlbums/Summer2006/?action=view&current=Cars1.jpg

Welcome to Autoshite Samage. We've been expecting you....Great pics, and adore the K70. You restored that? The really dead cars I love. Trying to work out what the buried one is thats just a back window. Looks like a Rover P6.http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/SamageShowAlbums/Summer2006/?action=view&current=98f76743.jpgWhat is this one? Looks American.http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/SamageShowAlbums/Summer2006/?action=view&current=Cars1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome peeps :DRE: the K70 - haven't restored it yet, am in the process of doing so. I know it kinda goes against the ethos of autoshite, but it does have some quite dangerous rot that needs immediate attention.RE: Buried car - yep, it's a P6.RE: American car - a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Looks like THIS if you don't leave it in a forest for 11 years.

I've had a couple of Dodge 50 Series, both recovery trucks. The first one had the old Perkins 4.236, the second one was a later version with the direct injection Phaser lump. They're great old trucks - not fast by any stretch of the imagination, even in turbo form, but about the most solid, dependable old workhorse you can imagine. Much better with power steering though...

WOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I, I, I, I, c, c, c, can't speak!!!!! ...............http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/SamageShowAlbums/Summer2006/?action=view&current=P1010012.jpgFor me, the one car that beats the Tagora for the ultimate ultra-rare Autoshite crown!More details please (without divulging exact location for obv reasons).

Hullo Samage, lovin the K70, Have you seen the french 70s film 'pas de problem' (no problem)? that's the car the baddies have at the start and it's involved in some ace stunts.see if you can.Kind of looks like an NSU Ro80 at the side.Graeme

I believe the K70 was on NSU's drawing boards when VW took over.Much in the same way that the 340 was on the Daf drawing boards when Volvo took control.

WOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I, I, I, I, c, c, c, can't speak!!!!! ...............http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/SamageShowAlbums/Summer2006/?action=view&current=P1010012.jpgFor me, the one car that beats the Tagora for the ultimate ultra-rare Autoshite crown!More details please (without divulging exact location for obv reasons).

Haven't got much info, other than it's just outside the town of Nuneaton, and is not for sale. No idea how long it (or any of the other cars) in this hoarder's barn have been there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A quick update - various shite as seen in Nuneaton and Loughborough.

Triumph 2000, very very clean.....it's not really shite as such, but I wanted to include it anyway. So I will. :D:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Polonez! Now this IS shite :D :

Posted Image

And a Hillman Superminx. Again, pushing the definition of shite, but too cool not to include:

Posted Image

And these are spy/preview shots of a wreck-hunting trip I should hopefully be undertaking soon. It's a quarry/commercial equipment dump. Commercial Tat Potential = immense! Watch this space, Commercial Shite fans!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW, A Scammell Routeman :shock: As Wuvvum states they used to be everywhere when I was a nipper! There is a Quarry and aggregates company named Glendinnings down here in Devon that ran Routeman's right up to the early 1990's, long after most had disappeared from the roads.Very much looking forward to further pic's from that place Samage :D

POLONEZ! :lol: That one has all the hallmarks of the 'luxo-spec' Prima model.... top of the range when new, featuring such lavish extras as faux-walnut door cappings and weller-style wheels. Delicious. NOT.They really are a right crock of shite those Polonezezezzzzz. Looks to me like that one is an early 'G' plater, prior to the introduction of the full-lenght rear hatch.Super Minx is lovely! :P

Samage, am I right in thinking that your commercial scrap yard location is on the north bank of the M69 around Hinckley?? Looks just like the one we went to go hunting around one Sunday a couple of years back. Place seemed shut so we drove in anyway in the Sceptre (no one around), parked up and went hunting. Couldn't find any cars, but twas old commercial heaven, really overgrown the further back you went. Anyway I hardly had time to take the camera out when one of us shouted a heads up, a group of blokes was heading our way from up near the buildings, it wasn't deserted after all. However negotiations went fairly well, we explained we were enthusiasts and the guys didn't seem too angry (we were in a Sceptre after all), but didn't want us snooping around any longer without the owners permission - we asked to retrospectively attain it, however he was not there so no could do. So basically, like with most finds like this, instead of rushing in with a cavalier "take pics first, ask questions later" attitude like we normally do, as usual it's probably better to spend a minute ringing the bell and explaining you're an enthusiast and aren't there to nick anything, should be all right I reckon. Good luck! .

Samage, am I right in thinking that your commercial scrap yard location is on the north bank of the M69 around Hinckley?? Looks just like the one we went to go hunting around one Sunday a couple of years back. Place seemed shut so we drove in anyway in the Sceptre (no one around), parked up and went hunting. Couldn't find any cars, but twas old commercial heaven, really overgrown the further back you went. Anyway I hardly had time to take the camera out when one of us shouted a heads up, a group of blokes was heading our way from up near the buildings, it wasn't deserted after all. However negotiations went fairly well, we explained we were enthusiasts and the guys didn't seem too angry (we were in a Sceptre after all), but didn't want us snooping around any longer without the owners permission - we asked to retrospectively attain it, however he was not there so no could do. So basically, like with most finds like this, instead of rushing in with a cavalier "take pics first, ask questions later" attitude like we normally do, as usual it's probably better to spend a minute ringing the bell and explaining you're an enthusiast and aren't there to nick anything, should be all right I reckon. Good luck! .

Nope, it's on farmland in a small place called Atherstone. :)

Ye gods, it's another update!

I accidentally stumbled across this pair on the outskirts of what I later discovered was a small travellers' site - the nature of these travellers is as yet unknown, whether they're friendly gypsies or fearsome pikies.

A Kitten, and an unknown small 4x4:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 4x4 was a weird shape, kinda sloped up at the base of the windscreen, and had corrugated sides.

Damaged Ford Transit Mk2 out the back of a Ford dealership:

Posted Image

A london transport Routemaster.....in a coach depot in Loughborough:

Posted Image

2CV Bamboo - that an official special edition? :

Posted Image

And finally, I did attempt to access that commercial scrapyard to no avail as yet - however, I did get a good pic of ANOTHER Scammell on site:

Posted Image

Apologies for the quality of some of the pics, the camera phone's zoom isn't that good. I may go back and re-photo some of them with my good camera.

Guest greenvanman

Ah, so it is. Not really up to speed on my obscure J-tin. They very common these days?

That's the first one I've seen in a very long time.

• 1 month later...

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!

I, at very long last, got into that commercial dump - I'll let the pics do the talking. Hang onto your hats, retro commercial shite fans!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amongst it all, a stack of Leyland Landtrains, more Scammel Routemans, and a whole load of other stuff I don't recognise! If anyone can help, please do! :D

Also, there were more trucks I couldn't photograph at the time. I may return there at some point to try and get more snaps! :D