Samage's Spots - Ye gods! An update?! 30/10/07

Samage

Are those two trucks in the 9th pic from the top LIAZ's? Or are they just old Saviems? They look vaguely familiar, anyway...

WOW :shock: What a find Samage! Those look like Fiat/Ivecos to me Wuvvum :wink: The 'W' reg truck alongside is a DAF.The older wagons with missing grilles are AEC's dating from the late 50's to early 60's, and the crane is a real rarity called a 'Clansman' and based on an Albion Chieftain which is of the same vintage as the AEC's. Theres an old breakers yard near me who still use one of those cranes :D

The two trucks next to the DAF are Magirus Deutz's....mid-late '80's at a guess, Iveco bought them out just before it bought Ford Trucks, I remember the air-cooled V8 Magirus-cabbed Iveco was the first tractor unit sold in the UK to top the 500bhp mark, before even Scania could get it's iconic V8 past 450 horses. They rusted like you would not believe though.Glad BS6 has correctly identified that crane, i thought it was a Hydrocon but I was wronger than your mum in a thong :shock:

The two trucks next to the DAF are Magirus Deutz's....mid-late '80's at a guess, Iveco bought them out just before it bought Ford Trucks, I remember the air-cooled V8 Magirus-cabbed Iveco was the first tractor unit sold in the UK to top the 500bhp mark, before even Scania could get it's iconic V8 past 450 horses. They rusted like you would not believe though.

Thanks for clearing that up. Don't know why I thought they were LIAZ - what would a pair of LIAZ be doing in an English scrapyard? :oops: There's a chap near Great Yarmouth trying to sell a Magirus Deutz recovery truck at the moment, but it's the 7.5-tonne version with the Iveco Zeta-style cab. I was tempted, but he won't go below 500 squid and the clutch is fcuked, and I wouldn't have a clue how to do a clutch on something like that. I do like the noise those old air-cooled diesels make though - my second-favourite commercial engine sound after the two-stroke Commers.

I do like the noise those old air-cooled diesels make though - my second-favourite commercial engine sound after the two-stroke Commers.

What about Foden or Detroit diesel 'strokers'. one of the best sounding engines is a two stroke diesel 8)
I remember reading somwhere about some Welsh drivers back in the 60's who used to run up Blakeney Hill on the old A48 heading from Chepstow up to Gloucester in Foden 2-strokes.....they used to have a little wager on how many milk bottles they could shatter with the bellow from those mighty engines as they roared up the hill 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Some various spots from this week. Some are shite,

Posted Image

Shame about the rear window on that-Thats the best style of jetta in my eyes. 8)

• 1 month later...

After a couple of months of Uni work, I'm free to spot once more! Mwuahaha! So, here goes...

Posted Image

Cav and Mini

Posted Image

NIVA!

Posted Image

Singer Vogue, repleat with red oxide primer patches

Posted Image

SHABBIEST VW LT EVAR

Posted Image

Rotten Riley Elf

Posted Image

And lastly, this Wolseley 16/60, which has been on here before, and even featured in Rust In Peace. However, I just thought I'd post it again, to show it's still there. Rotting away. 20 years and counting... :(

Just a minor update:

Mk2 Tranny, full of wag:

Posted Image

Sleeeeeeka wedge:

Posted Image

Robin "21st" Edition:

Posted Image

Kia Pride - ain't seen one of these little boxes for ages!:

Posted Image

This Mini was shonkier than it looks here - the paint was crackled and chipped all over!

Posted Image

Oh, not enough for y'all? :lol:

Fine, here's some more. :D

Primer splattered Rocco (can't see it well from this angle, but there was a massive primer blob on the door):

Posted Image

VW Camper, with questionable colour coding application:

Posted Image

Old Starlet - not a fan of Japanese stuff, but I know some of you are:

Posted Image

MGB, with amusing sticker:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now time for my special move.....

TOTALLY MINT OLD-PERSON OWNED 2-TONE TALBOT SOLARA WITH UGLY WHEELS, PARKED OUTSIDE THE LINES!

Posted Image

• 4 months later...

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarkinell, it's been a while! Well, I've returned from the ether, and I bring more classics/shonky stuff.

P6, one owner from new, variously faded panels:

Posted Image

Extremely dead MGB:

Posted Image

Capri on slotmags:

Posted Image

Minor - OK so it's a "popular classic", but it's faded all over and has moss on it. Whilst still in daily use. That warrants a place here, methinks!

Posted Image

Two-Cee-Vee. Again, bordering on popular, but what the hey:

Posted Image

Super clean Scimmy:

Posted Image

Beford CF pikeywagon:

Posted Image

And a classy old Beemer to finish. :D

Posted Image

Not so long ago there were more MkI 7 Series around than MkI 6 Series because the 6 was more exclusive but they were also sold about 4 years longer & have been more highly regarded & looked after as a 'classic' therefore there are more Sixes around than Sevens now.....Is there any way to change or modify your username?

• 2 months later...

And lastly, this Wolseley 16/60, which has been on here before, and even featured in Rust In Peace. However, I just thought I'd post it again, to show it's still there. Rotting away. 20 years and counting... :(

Are there doors on that garage?Maybe another inside?