320's Pug 306 daily derv devil

320touring

That air scoop behind the grill and goes over the top of the slam panel can be modified very easily to take in more air. I read about it years ago and tried it on mine. It was more of a benefit on cooler days. I removed the scoop and shaped some aluminium sheet around the back of the scoop to extend it further down so that air passing through the grill gets forced in better. The only down side was more wasps etc in the filter.

Struck whilst the iron was hot and ordered up service parts..

Hedged my bets re the thermostat and ordered both versions-hardly breaking the bank and no doubt someone with an XUD will be able to use whatever one is left over.

got to love a service for sub £30 inc delivery!

I've left glow plugs off the list at the moment, as I'll need to see what the job looks like. Moreover, not orderimg any brake parts til I get a look at the car this weekend.

CHxEpo4P.jpg|http://thumbsnap.com/CHxEpo4P

No panels I am afraid. I did the plugs on mine as was mega easy, mine was lucas pumped but didn't have all the turbot gubbins in the way.

That's what makes a difference to changing the plugs. I can't remember if it was number 1 or 4 that was a pig.

Still not a s bad as a Fiat 1.9 Utd Doblo.....

Looks like the door seal is letting water in, can see it in the pic.

My old one did this, and the ZX in the same place as Beko's.

Try putting a few vertical cuts in the rubber with a stanley knife.

Edited to add the ph3 had two door seals to stop this happening.

Cheers- are you referring to the damp part of the seal directly below the edge of the dash?

any pics of what you mean re the cuts?

Mine is starting to do that, a few Google searches said door seals favourite. We (i.e my lad) did the glowplugs on the old 306, I seem to recall no.4 was the tricky one but it wasn't a massive PITA.

These are ace!!! I had the powerhouse n/a version. I frigging loved it, I spent a fortune on bits for it that it probably didn't need. 

I did 15k in mine over a year would always do 45-50mpg all day long. 

Would have another 132%

attachicon.gifIMG_0074.JPG

Seeing this pic reminds me how much Diablo red suits these 306s, especially when clean!  405s too.

We had a similar vintage 5dr DT in Diablo a few years back and it sorely tested my love of all things Peugeot.  Virtually everything which could have gone wrong did, think we had a rogue example.  When going OK displayed the usual Peugeot benefits of marvelous ride, handling and steering.  Agree with one poster about the narrow power band; the equivalent Citroen ZXs seemed to go a bit better than these, perhaps they were lighter.  Heavy clutch very common, often on its way out.  Think I've still got a wooden dash panel for one of these somewhere.

Muchos Progresaru on this today..

First up, a cheeky lil oil change - with the filter putting up a helluva fight! Got it off eventually, but it was bruised and battered. Typical that the XUD has a little Hex slot on the plug rather than a bolt head - I was scared it may round off

ZMqPBGB9.jpg

6Lzy0ZIn.jpg

Next up was the fuel filter - a world of difference from the old Octavia! Much simpler to access, and no piddly o rings or stupid fuel line clamps required. Manual Prime too:)

iS3W6i0D.jpg

0gBT56pE.jpg

The source of the swimming pool in the passenger footwell well was identified - Water was seeping through the speaker grille.

Looks like the plastic membrane was missing judging by the traces of black sealant, so I carefully* crafted a replacement using the bag the oil came in, and some sealant I had lying about.

vNIz3C8t.jpg
I0e6i2Dc.jpg
5h0lZISX.jpg

Some paper was deployed to soak up the water from the footwell, as it turned out, a fair bit was needed

6TRtom93.jpg

FLyoviKg.jpg

I've left the door card off for just now to see how it looks in a couple of days!

I also did a coolant flush and thermostat change, but that stuff is going in the blog:)