Temptation, temptation...

wuvvum

Just had a second chance offer on this.

Posted Image

£150. Only problem is it's just outside Southampton and will need trailering, so it'd cost me another hundred quid on top of that to get it home. And there's no keys, not that that's going to be a major hurdle with old Renner locks being what they are. Anyway, the offer runs for seven days so I've got plenty of time to think about it. What do y'all reckon?

I' spoke' to the seller several times. I found him evasive on specifics, and felt he was hiding something substantive. Amongst other stuff he told me his 'Secretary' had lost all the paperwork -i didnt beleive him -so didnt bid.But -its cheap and there's not that much that can be wrong with it -is there.And I've a spare complete ID from a barn burnt one -if needed.... (sob)

By The Cringe! Those later, 'square-eye' cars are so ugly!Wings were in a similar state on my earlier 'round eye' 1100. I did some patchwork repairs and ran the car for five or six years. All for £50.R10s are great cars - as I seem to recall Alpineandy agrees - real chuckabout fun. This one looks like it would suit some 'patch it up and use it' ownership.£150 in today's ebay-fuelled market seems quite reasonable.There was a time these were almost being given away in the ROC - but always in need of work.EDIT: - If it's a 1300 - think some of the square-lights were still 1100, not sure - then the transaxle is useful to owners of hot R8s - they're stronger than the 1100s were. So even if the car is shot through with hidden rot it is still of some value.

EDIT: - If it's a 1300 - think some of the square-lights were still 1100, not sure - then the transaxle is useful to owners of hot R8s - they're stronger than the 1100s were. So even if the car is shot through with hidden rot it is still of some value.

It ain't. Not according to DVLA anyway. It's an 1100. Still, might be good for an engine transplant into the 6 when I get fed up with driving everywhere at 50. You're right, the square-light 10s are as ugly as sin - which is one of the reasons I like it. :D