Round or square?

stormee

Generally, I prefer round headlamps, especially in twin 5 inch guise (as above!)

Really don't like Federal lash-ups like the Peugeot or the stacked Merc "solution" though, and I never took to the XJS with them either. Roundies have to be DESIGNED that way....

This is what I was going to say but expressed better.   Some of the federally mandated things you see in the States are awful.

The 1500 had twin rounds on introduction, I think, it was only when the Toledo became a lesser order of Dolmoite that 1500s got square ones.

It's something like this:

Square lights:

Toledo

Dolomite 1300

Dolomite 1500

Dolomite 1500SE

Round quad lights:

Triumph 1500

Triumph 1500TC

Dolomite 1500HL

Dolomite 1850HL

Dolomite Sprint

It's also worth noting that while the quad lights took better the square units are much more modern in design and much better at being lights!

Yup, I (for reasons I no longer remember) once swapped Mk2 units plus the grill into my Mk3

Whs!

Mk2 and 3 shells are pretty much identical. You can swap headlights, grill, bumpers etc to make a mk3 look like a mk2.

There was a pic somewhere of a guy in the states who converted his US spec mk2 into a EU spec mk3 using euro parts. I don't think the US got the mk3.

Generally, I prefer round headlamps, especially in twin 5 inch guise (as above!)

Really don't like Federal lash-ups like the Peugeot or the stacked Merc "solution" though, and I never took to the XJS with them either. Roundies have to be DESIGNED that way....

Works with CX...

i020925.jpg