28 Days Later - The Ghosts of Longbridge

Sealtainn

The Volvo dumper would have been driven in and out of the mine daily until it was parked up. Somewhere on Flickr there is a picture of it being driven there on the road. The Bedford KM and cars would have been driven/dragged in at the end of their life.

Most of the mines you see pictures of have adits. Abseiling into a mine shaft, especially a coal one, is pretty hardcore, it can be hundreds of metres, Anybody who has been on industrial safety courses has heard about the nasties that lurk in shafts.

I fancy this too, which firm did you do with?

Solo East, second best reviews but a lot cheaper than the best.

Can't speak for safety in Ukraine at the moment (are you sending goods out there?), the photo below shows Independence Square.

kiev-split_2829872k.jpg

We stayed on a side street visible at the back of the image and were picked up for the Pripyat trip from the street corner.

I also bought additional memory cards from the electronics store in the (now) burnt out building on the right.

A few years back I went to visit an old  creepy as fuck theme park in the states. I wasn't really there illegally I was part of a team looking at a re-generation program for the area, which had been hit hard by the closure of a larger local steel mill. The plan was to knock it all down and build some small business incubator units, a retail park and new cinema.

There was a bit of local opposition so wrongly or writely we started spreading rumours out to the local media about the park being unsafe and possibly haunted (it was creepy).  To be fair it went a bit far and a few of the security guys (local hicks) scared the shit out of a few people trying to break into the park. As a result  this team of whistle blowing hippy type turned up in their scened up hipster van and started digging into the story. It was a wee smart arsed fat lassie, a stoner and his massive dog and a tidy but dippy girl and her gay brother. The pesky bastards uncovered the whole thing and I got in big trouble. The whole re-generation project was cancelled and now the area has a massive drug and un-employment issue. I hope they're happy!

^^^ Would.

Me too.

It makes me laugh when the internet lotharios (see Pistonheads) give it the big one about how they'd 'not touch that with yours' but after 3 pints of Guiness and a passable erection, they'd be all over her like a cheap suit.

There actually is an xxx scooby doo parody.   Scooby do is missing and the sexy big boned lass is played by a lanky bimbo so I didn't get past Shaggy talking about the party having lots of vaginas.

On the plus side Scrappy doo isn't mentioned at all (so far), or makes a cameo as a sex toy maybe, but I doubt the budget was big enough.

Me too.

It makes me laugh when the internet lotharios (see Pistonheads) give it the big one about how they'd 'not touch that with yours' but after 3 pints of Guiness and a passable erection, they'd be all over her like a cheap suit.

We all have our own tastes, I def wouldnt touch that but I love gobby chavvy birds....