28 Days Later - The Ghosts of Longbridge

Sealtainn

I did see a thread on there about Browns Folly, in Bathford in Somerset where they had been down the mines repeatedly and a local chap named Brian has taken offence to them. They would go down the mines and camp there overnight and apparently this chap has used rocks to cover the entrance while they were down there. I'm all for exploring old abandoned buildings and such - visiting Pripyat is on my bucket list but getting sealed into a cave, no thanks !!

A friend of mine (excuse the pun) does this mine exploring stuff. They don't go down coal mines due to the methane risk and that most coal was extracted by shaft. They seem to go into stuff that is mothballed as opposed to given up on years ago, cutting holes in gates and jacking up barriers. Apparently a lot of the stuff down there is old machinery old portakabins that have been isolated pending further use or isn't worth retrieving economically.

I'm sure one of the 28dl lot used to be on here but disappeared after he was outed as one of the light fingered crew.

I remember that - wasn't it Slater?

Google thinks so too

http://autoshite.com/topic/9846-excellent-rot-on-28dl/

Did MG-Rover pay Honda royalties for the HH-R til the end?

I know that MG-Rover did attempt to get the royalties to Honda for the HH-R underpinnings and pressings reduced circa 2003. Not sure how it went as I seem to recall Kevin Howe press releasing it and he wasn't exactly known for his tact and finesse dealing with such things. Towards the end of The Firm Honda refused to supply certain components as they were deleted by Honda, the dashboard being the main one leading MG-Rover having to design their own unit.

The royalty payments for the saloon variant was less than the hatch as Rover did the back end design and development.

I've been a member on there for years, the long timers' attitude towards theft from sites that are visited mirrors that shown here. Unfortunately, pictures shown on the public forum have been used to identify locations and subsequently stuff has gone missing.

The bulk of that forum are no more light-fingered than we are. Couple of bad apples, etc

Some seriously brave souls on that site, if you look in the noteable threads section there are some crackers. True there will be some cnuts who steal but I think the benefits of sharing their finds they share outweigh the minority of gobshites. They are pretty strict with location details and access points not being discussed but with the wonderweb it's not impossible to locate some sites.    

The Mini is now at Gaydon, probably the best home for it. IIRC the previous owner had some rather fanciful and far-fatched ideas of getting it roadworthy but got no further than straightening the roof.

Never knew that. Sounds the best place for it to be on show. Every day's a school day.

I've been a member on there for years, the long timers' attitude towards theft from sites that are visited mirrors that shown here. Unfortunately, pictures shown on the public forum have been used to identify locations and subsequently stuff has gone missing.

The bulk of that forum are no more light-fingered than we are. Couple of bad apples, etc

Publicly they are against theft and vandalism, behind the scenes they are very light-fingered and don't think twice about breaking into buildings.

I might get some of that cheap trailer rope from Poundland, put on some slip on sandals, turn the phone off, take the flashlight I've had in the shed for about 10 years with me down to a nearby mine shaft. Remembering not to tell no bugger where I'm going, I'll tie the rope round a close sapling and use this as some sort of support to hold me back as I clamber down a 150ft drop taking some photographs on my Practika camera I've had years.

yes please, its a lovely picture an' all but takes an age to load up on my phone

Tweaked for you, fella. I've updated my profile photo as well, which shows my 2016 look.

Back to the 28 days later thing, I got the impression that the majority of the members are, as with all walks of life, sound. Unfortunately it's the minority utter twat content that completely ruin it for everyone else. There's a derelict infant school close to me which I have recent internal photos of (totally legit), but I don't dare post them online as I'd imagine the minority may well latch onto it, head straight inside and trash the joint further.

Tweaked for you, fella. I've updated my profile photo as well, which shows my 2016 look.

Back to the 28 days later thing, I got the impression that the majority of the members are, as with all walks of life, sound. Unfortunately it's the minority utter twat content that completely ruin it for everyone else. There's a derelict infant school close to me which I have recent internal photos of (totally legit), but I don't dare post them online as I'd imagine the minority may well latch onto it, head straight inside and trash the joint further.

Not only that if you break into a school, you're be branded OMGPEEDOH. And your place of work doesn't have a great track record for that kind of thing ;)

I've been out with a fair few of the members on there who are local and never seen any of them take anything. Hence calling you a bullshitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can hardly call someone a bullshitter because you have been out with a few of them, you would have to have been with every single member on every single sortie to be confident enough to stick up for them.

Was it not one of the founder members who sold light fittings and other trinkets on the bay of e which alerted members to what was going on.

You can hardly call someone a bullshitter because you have been out with a few of them, you would have to have been with every single member on every single sortie to be confident enough to stick up for them.

Was it not one of the founder members who sold light fittings and other trinkets on the bay of e which alerted members to what was going on.

This is what he posted, garbaldy:-

Publicly they are against theft and vandalism, behind the scenes they are very light-fingered and don't think twice about breaking into buildings.

And it's bullshit. They (and that includes me) are not very light-fingered. LP is posting his usual misleading bullshit to claim that the whole forum are thieves. People have used photo's on there to identify places and then go and steal stuff, that's very different. LP has a habit of posting misleading statements to support his views.

There may well be one or two bad apples amongst that forums membership (as there probably are here) but I'll repeat, I've never seen it happen and it's bullshit to post this:-

behind the scenes they are very light-fingered 

I don't object to taking the odd keepsake, but ransacking places makes you no better than a pikey.

The implication in your posts is that the 28DL forum membership are all thieves & pikeys, breaking in & loading up the swagbag, and that is misleading bullshit.

I haven't denied that the forum has it's bad apples, but your statement  encompas's the entire membership & it's simply not accurate. Maybe I'll accuse you & some of your mates of being thieves and see how you like.