28 Days Later - The Ghosts of Longbridge

Sealtainn

Whilst mooching round the interweb and I came across this urban exploration site with some rather haunting pictures of Longbridge.
I have had to type out of the URL so apologies if it doesn't work - the site is called 28 days later if you need to Google it yourself.
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/rover-mg-longbridge-18-02-07.t9321​

Guest Lord Sward

I know somebody that took part in those 28 days later forays into Longbridge.  I believe there were many sorties from various parties, most of which weren't co-ordinated.  A terrific time for those people, but sad and interesting in equal measure to love of us who loved the Firm.  I wish I could have done a reccy into Longbridge.

So what's the story with the those which were saved?

Can't find the link at the moment but the ones I read about were mostly 75/ZTs. I think a consortium approached Price Waterhouse Coopers who were the administrators at Rover at the time and a deal was struck for the consortium to buy a load of parts and some cars, mostly of course being 75s/ZTs.

The Rover 75 Coupe though apparently is still around and possibly still languishing in Longbridge somewhere.

The most tragic one to my mind was BX54OPL which was a the only LWB Rover 75 V8, it got crushed. :(

This

26760835.jpg

Had a bit of panel beating, then sold for around £1500 iirc, looking like this.

Longbridge-Mini-1.jpg

It's current owner doesn't let on what's happening with it, but it would definitely be a candidate for the OMG rat lurk. I'm also a 28 days later fan - that site is massively addictive.

I thought the mini ended up in a museum?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Mini is now at Gaydon, probably the best home for it. IIRC the previous owner had some rather fanciful and far-fatched ideas of getting it roadworthy but got no further than straightening the roof.