Tractorshite

STUNO

Went to the local tractor club day on Sunday

Enjoy the results

Hand sheep shearing. The Girl standing up had to wind the handle fast to operate the shears. I think she got the worst job!!

Posted Image

David Brown Cropmaster

Posted Image

Fordson Dexta

Posted Image

Fordson Major

Posted Image

Elderly Fordson with garden shed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ferguson 28

Posted Image

Big Farmall at work

Posted Image

David Brown

Posted Image

Some rarer Tractorshite. Munktells was a Swedish make

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I discovered that Volvo made Tractors.

Posted Image

International Art-Deco

Posted Image

Posted Image

Something Old

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The business end of the Titan. This was just in front of the drivers

seat..exposed valve gear, note the spark plug on top

Posted Image

The grandaddy of them all.A 1922 Cletrac. The old man in these photos offered the owner an engine for this as he had one at home. Owner nearly passed out!!! Turned out he had some other parts as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some other stuff

Another Hillman/ Humber

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1947 International

Posted Image

Newer and bigger

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg24/stutaxi/DSCF0602.jpg

I'm developing a bit of a liking for old trators. My neighbour has about 15 old tractors, mostly of fergy TE20 era, including a fantastic old Zetor from about 1948. I'll try and grab some pics next time I'm over his place. He's got stacks of shite all over including quite a few old motos in varying states of decay. Yesterday I went round and he'd been clearing some undergrowth, mainly brambles, in his back yard and unearthed a rather sad looking Mk10 Jag which I'd never even seen before.

I've just borrowed this International off him to try my hand at ploughing tomorrow 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

As a young boy, Joe was completely obsessed with tractors. He had pictures of tractors all over his bedroom walls; he had tractor toys, tractor T-shirts, a tractor carpet, and duvet cover, the whole works. He ate, drank and slept tractors. On his 17th birthday he was thrilled to get an invitation to go to a tractor factory nearby and test-drive a brand new tractor.His excitement was incredible as he told his family and friends. The great day came and he went to the factory for the test-drive.Unfortunately something went terribly wrong with the tractor when Joe was driving it and it flipped over, trapping and breaking Joe's leg and fracturing his skull.He was so upset and tried to sue the tractor company for negligence. But the company would have none of it and told him there was no liabilityand he could get lost!You can imagine he was very annoyed with tractors after this and vowed to shed them from his life completely and forever. All the posters came down, the toys were given away - tractors were GONE.Many years later, Joe went into a bar for a drink. Inside, the cigarette and cigar smoke was terrible but through it he saw a beautiful girl seated at the bar on her own. Tears were streaming downher face.Joe asked her what was wrong and she said that the smoke was making her eyes sting and stream with tears.With that, Joe looked around and then took a huge breath, sucking in all the smoke. He then walked outside into the car park and blew all the smoke out again. He goes back into the bar where the air is now clear and sweet and sits down next to the girl."That was amazing!" she said, "How did you do that?""No problem", said Joe "I'm an ex-tractor fan"

Here's a few of my neighbours old tractors. He's got a load more about the place, I just snapped these yesterday while i was over there dropping off some wood.

Zetor...

Posted Image

Ford...

Posted Image

I can't remember what this is but apparently it's quite rare and valuable...

Posted Image

Some Fergies...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd really like to own this Allis Chalmers. It's in great condition...

Posted Image

I'll snap a few more when I get the time.

• 5 years later...

There are a couple of old Allis-Chalmers hulks on a farm near me, guy has a load of old cars too but they are set further back in the property and the chap that works on the land (a mechanic) said I would be alright at the front of the land where these two are but not to venture further back where the real gold was (read: Audi Quattro Coupe, Minor, MGB, Spitfire and loads more).

DSCF2794_zps5a2e4065.jpg

DSCF2784_zps00371b1c.jpg

DSCF2796_zpse80061d1.jpg

DSCF2802_zps14ef1b74.jpg

DSCF2812_zps538cfd3f.jpg

DSCF2799_zps0a67ece8.jpg

Any idea how old those are? There's also a slightly more modern one (50's/60's maybe) that the back of my head keeps telling me to try and buy.

Mr Field Marshall might have had a squint at what Lanz were up to, but the engines are different. The Bulldog is a semi diesel which requires the liberal application of a blow lamp to its 'hot bulb' before its low compression engine will come to life. The British tractor merely requires a smoldering paper shoved inside its cylinder head and a bit of energetic cranking. A seldom used alternative on later models involved an explosive cartridge. Being two strokes, single cylinder Marshalls will liberally anoint the driver with oil from their exhaust and after the novelty has worn off are pretty unpleasant and vibratory to drive when working hard.

Being two strokes, single cylinder Marshalls will liberally anoint the driver with oil from their exhaust and after the novelty has worn off are pretty unpleasant and vibratory to drive when working hard.

All the drivers of Field Marshalls and Lanz's I have seen all seem to have big grins on their faces - they do seem to leap the same distance up as they travel forward, must be like a road worthy fair ride.

I've a period sales brochure for a Field marshall plus a badge off the side of one - always wanted a real one and now they're unaffordable.

I've owned two MG5s and an MG2 as well as a Rollo Croftmaster though! Microcars and micro tractors do go together. Had so much fun with the MG5 in muddy fields.