Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

6 hours ago, Steviemillar said:

This Corsa has been sat in the car park of my local Sainsbury’s for quite a while, MOT expired in March 2021, potentially one owner too going by the DVLA info 

IMG_8610.jpeg

IMG_8609.jpeg

IMG_8608.jpeg

High-mileage 1.3 CDTi and a list of MOT PHAILS means it doesn’t look too promising for this one.

7 hours ago, Momentary Lapse Of Reason said:

P1010962.JPG

Been there about ten years,

replaced a mark 1 Disastra, that in turn had been there for years.

If this is the car I think it is, then I pulled a muscle in my neck trying to quickly turn around to look at it.

3 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

It does look like the Kingswinford house with the mk2 Astra, if that's the one you're thinking of? 

That’s the one! I know they cleared quite a few of them away a few years ago so not really sure what it looks like now.

the guy had many old School Fords years ago in various states of repair

21 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I've been meaning to get this extra-green Disco for a while

20230602_082615.jpg

Povvo spec...surprised it hasnt got OLLI stickers everywhere

This sad old Moggie was immaculate when the owner of our local Dominos started using it for advertising and local deliveries in 2008.

Screenshot_20230609_223419_Maps.thumb.jpg.75595ac98c46dc70c5e6936920920cbb.jpg

A lad I know who used to maintain it for the owner mentioned just how clean it was underneath. However, within a few years it needed some basic remedial work and the owner decided to park it up rather than get it fixed. 

Screenshot_20230609_223320_Maps.thumb.jpg.10fbbf2570688f4358f38ab5b0a26c42.jpg

Fast forward twelve years and this is how the old girl looks now.

Screenshot_20230609_223346_Maps.thumb.jpg.8919265a8aa7755862ac498074456719.jpg

The car is absolutely rotten. The floors are hanging out, the nearside front suspension has collapsed and it looks as though it would snap if it was hiabed away. I honestly don't understand why anyone would let such a decent little car slowly dissolve in plain sight. Even the local rag latched onto its plight a few years back and the repsonse from the owner was 'our much loved Morris Minor is taking a rest currently'. Barmy. 

Did a google for a random UK council website and took this from Selwyn Borough Council:

If your bin was not collected, a tag should have been attached to it explaining why.

The kerbside trucks collect thousands of bins each day but sometimes mistakes happen and the driver may have accidentally missed your bin.

Before reporting your missed bin, check below for some other possible reasons your bin may not have been collected:

The lid was not shut flat or the bins were overflowing.

The bin was contaminated (e.g. non recyclable items in the recycling bin or plastic in the organics bin) or contained liquid or hazardous waste. There is a sticker on the underside of your bin lid advising what can and can't go into your bin. If you do not have one of these stickers and would like one posted out to you please contact us.

The bins were not registered to your property.

The bin was put out on the wrong week for recycling.

The bin or bag was too heavy. Large rubbish bins, recycling bins and organic bins (240 litre) have a weight restriction of 60kg. Small rubbish bins (80 litre) have a weight restriction of 30kg. Council rubbish bags have a weight restriction of 12kg.

The bin or bag was not put out on time. Bins and bags need to be presented by 6.30am on the day of collection - we recommend putting your bins or bag out the night before.

The bin was not correctly presented at the kerbside. Please ensure that the bins are placed at least 50cm apart and away from obstructions such as trees and letterboxes. The Council logo on the front of the bin is to face the road.

If you have checked the above list and none of these apply, your bin may have been missed so please contact us. When you call please provide the serial number on the side of the bin.

TL:DR and I don't blame you.

jeep.thumb.jpg.78d5a3e594ec8f09241f577b49cc5a33.jpg

selwyn.thumb.jpg.f2749e259f89b7b2d88a357b5413f72d.jpg