Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

On 3/7/2023 at 1:01 PM, D.E said:

This is standing there for about a year now, gradually deteriorating and losing bits.

52727495390_7061078ab4_b.jpg

Going by the plastic wheelarch extensions and the front bumper, that *might* be one of the V12 diesel ones... in which case I shudder to think of the size of the bill it's probably thrown the owner!

46 minutes ago, mat777 said:

Going by the plastic wheelarch extensions and the front bumper, that *might* be one of the V12 diesel ones... in which case I shudder to think of the size of the bill it's probably thrown the owner!

I am not sure, unfortunately there are no plates on the car (or badges on the bootlid) to go by. But didn't the V12 have bigger vents in the front bumper?

m1cyjmrbkbmb.jpg

On 3/8/2023 at 10:04 PM, Billy - Medhurst said:

Looks ok but been dumped here since November. Taxed moted -  238.000 Miles at last test . Bits of it in the boot too.

DSCN0420.JPG

DSCN0422.JPG

I'm going to guess something has broken so it's parked up whilst they wait for the cat to get nicked. 

The cost of a replacement will write it off and they'll have a little payout for more days out to Starbucks.

• 3 weeks later...

You might remember me talking about a blue Astra in the Parking thread (I'd forgotten this one existed).  I haven't seen that for a couple of weeks, but for the last month or so there's been a 60-plate Citroen C3 at the end of the alley, with the driver's window down an inch or so and his seatbelt fastened; and the back filled with what seem to be decorating supplies.  No, not suspicious at all...

On 23/02/2023 at 17:08, calebaaront said:

This Nissan Micra has been down the end of my road for about 2 years. The pic was taken in 2021. Still in the same spot now but all tyres are flat, covered in moss and someone has booted one of the mirrors off 

FB_IMG_1677171935768.jpg

This is now back on the road, it's had a shit tonne of welding done for it to pass a mot. 

• 2 weeks later...

A very poorly looking Range Rover (which a quick check of the quite distinctive private plate tells me is a 2022 Evoque - ouch indeed) abandoned in the Q-Park on Brindleyplace in Birmingham spotted yesterday. Couldn't stop for a photo but was covered in warning signs and taped off. Based off the damage and where the car was parked, it looks like someone's brakes hadn't quite worked coming down one of the multi-storey ramps and they decided to use the Evoque instead, decent wallop to the front, deploying the front and side airbags and probably popped the bonnet as well.

26 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Something to do with the garage?

I would think they’d be doing a better job of keeping the neighbours sweet rather than parking it though their wall. Could have been parked there and then shunted i guess.

Possibly just parked up to pick some t cut up and it didn’t restart. Who knows, not I. 

Edited by Rustybullethole

On 4/24/2023 at 3:20 PM, Vince70 said:

C806714E-E8B6-4B75-89E8-852D7DCCB98A.thumb.jpeg.0a2a5e756949355d62b25970bff4596c.jpeg This little Toyota warm hatch has been parked up around the back of a hospital I attend every 6 months for a good  7/8 years.

To be honest it looks a very straight motor and isn’t rotten.

F91CD107-D00D-4F51-8462-DBBEB9364BEF.jpeg

I wonder why it was parked? It's a T sport which means it's got the 190bhp 2ZZ lump tucked under the bonnet. They're a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...