Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

15 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Devon or Somerset?

County or car? I'll add Hereford(shire) into the mix.

It's location? No idea. Model of car? I think it's a Somerset  - the rectangular grilles are absent from the Devon and there's an additional one under the oval grille for the Hereford.

3 minutes ago, martc said:

County or car? I'll add Hereford(shire) into the mix.

It's location? No idea. Model of car? I think it's a Somerset  - the rectangular grilles are absent from the Devon and there's an additional one under the oval grille for the Hereford.

There's also the Hampshire and Dorset, but yes, it does look like a Somerset.

These 405s have been sitting here since I started commuting to Uni along this route, and that was in 2004!  Looking back on the Streetview timewarp (which goes back to '09) it looks like the green one on the right was in use as it disappeared a couple of times in early photos, while the red one on the left appeared in 2015 and none of them have moved since then.  Someone I know who lives nearby says apparently the house is still inhabited by the owner of the coaches, despite its awful state.

image.thumb.png.f02ef2fdc93912558c876d5be6fb6969.png

17 hours ago, Pieman said:

These 405s have been sitting here since I started commuting to Uni along this route, and that was in 2004!  Looking back on the Streetview timewarp (which goes back to '09) it looks like the green one on the right was in use as it disappeared a couple of times in early photos, while the red one on the left appeared in 2015 and none of them have moved since then.  Someone I know who lives nearby says apparently the house is still inhabited by the owner of the coaches, despite its awful state.

One for the Bus Shite thread! 

19 hours ago, Pieman said:

I heard about this place from my mechanic. I was going to see if any of them were for sale and worth saving. I would quit like a 405. Mechanic reckons one is a Td. Nice.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of Kias.  The 14 plate Sportage has been sat without moving for over a year, not really dumped as it's on a driveway.   But I bet it's rotting nicely.   Last MoT expired a year ago.

The Cee'd (I think the apostrophe's in the correct place) was one of the first demos we registered in 2007 when they were launched at the local dealer where I worked at the time, so I remember it as a brand new vehicle and I actually drove it a bit.  It's had a hard life since and I suspect the scrap man is coming as the MoT ran out in November and the corrosion advisories have been getting more frequent.  Have to pinch myself when I think the car's now 16 years old...time moves on.  It's lasted longer than most of the 80s shite I owned in the late 90s did I suppose.

321955014_476393824681334_5192008842009421817_n.jpg

323092532_2417227805092214_1631714700449415458_n.jpg

Need to grab a photo but a village near me has a Brown reliant Kitten which hasn't moved in at least 10 years. I always wanted to knock on the door to ask about it but never have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of streets away from my place there's a Transit minibus full of furniture and bedding sitting on a fairly busy road which hasn't moved for ages.  I thought at first someone was living in it but then even more stuff appeared inside it and pretty much filled up the interior - it's taxed and insured so I assume one of the houses nearby is using it as storage.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:55 PM, Pieman said:

Must be Wolverhampton Uni, right? small world :)

• 3 weeks later...