Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

9 hours ago, richbraith said:

Looks like both the old ones have current tax and V5s recently issued...so someone's still keeping an eye on them?  Of course they don't need MOTs to be on the road...

it's more the condition

sharp rust edges, taking up parking spaces and brining the area down are the main issues

8 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Where in general is this? The Rover 75 fan boys would be interested in that because of its special colour.

I'm not sure they would. You get a scratch on that, it's a write-off. One thing they didn't consider when doing those ridiculous chameleon colours was that they only work if the whole thing gets a full respray. Do the bumper on its own and it looks very odd.

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/owner-anger-rare-car-damaged-falling-fence-1627518

10 hours ago, maxxo said:

it's more the condition

sharp rust edges, taking up parking spaces and brining the area down are the main issues

I’d much rather see those parked there than another couple of generic ecoboxes. As long as they’re taxed they can be parked there. Perhaps the recent tax/new V5s issued is because someone’s received letters from the council informing of the impending destruction and has done something about it.

At current ridiculous classic car prices there’s an easy couple of grand there without even trying. You’d have to be daft to let cars like that be scrapped.

9 hours ago, chris667 said:

I work near Newbury.

This was dumped on the road I used to walk my dog along until about six months ago. I think someone had been living in it at one point.

Do you think it had an MOT?

R5-06431-023A.JPG

Even if the front is the only bit to consider, that’s still worth a fair bit in parts. 

While I was out last week I saw this. Interestingly it has a Hartwell West Bromwich dealer sticker but a Dundee reg.  

DSCF2458.JPG.1ee0ebb398cddf2b621b7de5384d690e.JPG

Last MOT'd in 2009 when it had 34,500 on the clock. From what I could see the body doesn't look too bad considering it's been sitting there for at least 11 years. It does have a for sale sign in the window so maybe it's not as far gone as it might be.

DSCF2459.JPG.759fb5baf4c1b90790a9497699cb9680.JPG

12 minutes ago, BL Bloke said:

While I was out last week I saw this. Interestingly it has a Hartwell West Bromwich dealer sticker but a Dundee reg.  

Last MOT'd in 2009 when it had 34,500 on the clock. From what I could see the body doesn't look too bad considering it's been sitting there for at least 11 years. It does have a for sale sign in the window so maybe it's not as far gone as it might be.

Nice five digit plate and worth every last penny  of 200 notes. 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:11 AM, BL Bloke said:

Project Nigel on YouTube would love this! I may email him actually.

Location?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, Jerzy Woking said:

20210903_194542.thumb.jpg.135202bd5793e0cd2e3b14f372e06760.jpg

Never fails to amaze me that people don't understand what SORN stands for.

There's a car round the corner of us that's SORN and also on a public highway. It's already had at least 1 yellow notice put on it that was immediately ripped off. I don't think they realise that next up, the council comes round, throws it onto a low-loader and scraps it.