Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

1 hour ago, Lord Sterling said:

Cool. I know from when I was there last the trees and front garden had been massively cut down. I used to pass there quite regularly in the late 80s and early 90s with my parents but never really stopped there so decided to have a walk around.  I remember there various cars parked up there.  Cortinas,  Maxis, more recently a white W124 Merc.

A couple of houses on the same row have always had forgotton cars sitting on the front driveways. I think one house has a Volvo 850 estate and another house has /had a mid 80s Vauxhall Astra (?)

cant say i ever really take much notice, but those 2 micras and the vehicles before them were always a landmark as such LOL..think the RR Vanden plas were there for well over 30 years, then 1 day - gone..pity really

On 12/28/2020 at 9:25 PM, Lord Sterling said:

Cool. I know from when I was there last the trees and front garden had been massively cut down. I used to pass there quite regularly in the late 80s and early 90s with my parents but never really stopped there so decided to have a walk around.  I remember there various cars parked up there.  Cortinas,  Maxis, more recently a white W124 Merc.

A couple of houses on the same row have always had forgotton cars sitting on the front driveways. I think one house has a Volvo 850 estate and another house has /had a mid 80s Vauxhall Astra (?)

been informed today that the White Micra is STILL there...oops 

1 hour ago, bezzabsa said:

been informed today that the White Micra is STILL there...oops 

Might go and have a butchers tomorrow. I was looking on the PC version of google street view where you can change the timeline all the way back to 2009 and saw that previous to the white Micra was a red Mk1 Fiesta van. Plus in the driveway was an mid 80s white Astra. All gone now. 

1 hour ago, Lord Sterling said:

Might go and have a butchers tomorrow. I was looking on the PC version of google street view where you can change the timeline all the way back to 2009 and saw that previous to the white Micra was a red Mk1 Fiesta van. Plus in the driveway was an mid 80s white Astra. All gone now. 

be careful by Maccy D's as the traffic has been stupid there , folk queuing to get in and not caring about the main road..

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Skut said:

This Fiat has been sitting on Strathmartine Rd in Dundee for pushing a year. Can't imagine it will be long before plod notices as it's a main road, and the MOT has recently expired. 

IMG_20210124_101052.thumb.jpg.09a4a544e864ac58851a54b36458057a.jpg

On a main road in Dundee for a year and it's not upside down and on fire yet?

Jesus, what's happened to Dundee? Just ain't what it used to be.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 3:09 PM, bunglebus said:

It's probably saveable, with a lot of work. This guy who dragged two out of fields did an amazing job on his.

It's on SORN and had a logbook issued in 2012 so may not have been left too long - and it's on hardstanding.

I'll see if it has a tax disc next time I'm passing.

It amazes me that up until not so long ago, there were three MK3 Cortinas around here just sitting on drives, another orange one that I never papped has disappeared, and this 2000E 1600 GXL sits on a main road - sure the guy used to have a Maxi too

48348838981_d7dc6dfb14_4k.jpg20190722_140449 by RS, on Flickr

Saw on Facebook this has now been scooped up by Aaron jacobs who seems to pounce on any cheapish cortina and break them for spares.  He seems to  find a couple a week.

13 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

20210205_113657.thumb.jpg.61e9b506c1bec2ead82213c79f12c1d4.jpg

This has been here a while! Found it the other day very close to my house (the unpaved unadopted parking areas get littered with shit, I must look more often) 

Relatively modern shyte! I can imagine in a few years time, a Datsun Cashcow enthusiast will look at this image with tears in their eyes... 

*Edit: The Tailgate Trim appears to be in one piece! No tape holding it in place. That's unusual! 

Edited by Leyland Worldmaster
I missed out the most important detail!

8 minutes ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Relatively modern shyte! I can imagine in a few years time, a Datsun Cashcow enthusiast will look at this image with tears in their eyes... 

*Edit: The Tailgate Trim appears to be in one piece! No tape holding it in place. That's unusual! 

Ah, is that a thing with Cashcows then? I noticed my neighbour's daughter has a Cashcow with white Gaffer tape where the tailgate trim used to be...

On 29/05/2020 at 21:59, Lord Sterling said:

Isle of Wight:

20200528_161020.thumb.jpg.65fe5d72b72001f75a78f130ba24dc31.jpg

There is also an X5 with similar sitting-on-arse suspension problems.

This is something I do not get: why did the Bavarian Motor Works not assist ordinary coil springs at the rear with those airbags for the self-levelling, rather than rely on  airbags alone for rear springing?

2 minutes ago, R1152 said:

Ah, is that a thing with Cashcows then? I noticed my neighbour's daughter has a Cashcow with white Gaffer tape where the tailgate trim used to be...

Yes; I'm not a Cashcow Connoisseur; I've heard that the Trim Clips holding that particular piece of Trim become brittle over time. 

Because I'm all heart, I'm going to give everyone I know with one a Christmas present! Tape to hold it in! 😇😇😇

• 3 weeks later...