Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

I remember as a kid watching a 7 series BMW turn up outside the neighbours house one Sunday morning.

3 bloody great big blokes got out, two stood either side of the neighbours sons  almost new 5Gt turbo, the third got in it and drove it away, the other two got back in the BMW and followed it.

I suspect it wasn't a High street lender that financed it.

I see the son about sometimes. Still leading a chaotic life it would seem, he is either smartly dressed, driving something new and German, or looking homeless and driving a beaten up Picasso.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:37 PM, Lord Sterling said:

Spotted this outside the smaller of one of the prisons in the Isle of Wight:

20190927_124811.thumb.jpg.bb4a61f2bb082cecaba98a45230de7a1.jpg

20190927_124623.thumb.jpg.7341de3b586fbd4ede07f25557e0ec17.jpg

No plates or indication of identification anywhere that I could see.

Not a getaway car, then.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:40 PM, BL Bloke said:

That Saxo's got more stuff growing on it than mine! ? 

Wonder if there's anything growing inside it?

On 9/30/2019 at 9:37 PM, Lord Sterling said:

Spotted this outside the smaller of one of the prisons in the Isle of Wight:

20190927_124811.thumb.jpg.bb4a61f2bb082cecaba98a45230de7a1.jpg

20190927_124623.thumb.jpg.7341de3b586fbd4ede07f25557e0ec17.jpg

No plates or indication of identification anywhere that I could see.

Ha, reminds me of a story a mate of mine told me a while ago. He's a prison officer and he was exchanging amusing tales of the 'industry' with a couple of the other chaps when one of them came up with this one. 

He was working at an open prison (don't recall which one) and was with a couple of other PO's processing the latest 'customers'. The memorable one was a quite well off chap who'd been convicted of fraud or somesuch white collar-type crime. They went through the usual admission procedures and all was well, then the main man asked the new con:

"OK, all clear? Do you have any questions?"

"Oh yes, erm, where can I park my car?"

<Silence, cue PO's looking at each other, mystified> "Sorry? Come again?" (ie: are you taking the piss?)

<Sighs> "Where do I park my car? Are there spaces inside of do I just leave it in the car park outside?"

To cut a long story short, the guy was totally serious, turns out he thought an open prison meant he only had to be there at night and weekends, he's be free to come and go during the day to continue his business activities! Yes, really. 

He really blew up shouting for his lawyer when he was calmly informed that it doesn't work like that. He had a rude awakening that day and his entitled attitude apparently didn't do him too many favours inside either. Doubt those he cheated would be sad to see this!

This has languished in a garden near me for some time. The house is on a busy road, so its hard to get a good look at it - or photo for that matter - but I managed to snap this recently and it looks like someone has had a go at removing some of the grime from the bonnet. I would guesstimate the house - which is in a similarly forlorn state - to be worth about a million quid, so there is no doubt a sad story behind how both got into this state. Before long it will be gone from the garden and I'll be kicking myself for not inquiring about its availability :( 

40793348433_18167148f6_z.jpg

18 hours ago, The Vicar said:

....I would guesstimate the house - which is in a similarly forlorn state - to be worth about a million quid, so there is no doubt a sad story behind how both got into this state....

Possibly someone who's trying to stay in the house even though he/she/they can't afford the mortgage they took out in the first place to help buy the property? There seem to have been a spate of these reported in the Irish papers in recent months.....

43 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Possibly someone who's trying to stay in the house even though he/she/they can't afford the mortgage they took out in the first place to help buy the property? There seem to have been a spate of these reported in the Irish papers in recent months.....

I think in this case there is an elderly person living in the house who can't manage to maintain neither car nor house on their own anymore. I'm nearly sure I've seen residential nurses come and go from the house in the past.