Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

Apperently the chavalier owner told a mate  of a mate wanting to buy it "im not desperately skint, so im not fussed about selling, been there for years.not doing any harm there"

The mini, the black looking bits on the door is actually where the metals missing, and the o/s wheel is full lock right with vw wonkey wheel syndrome

Theres a few moderns in laybys with police aware signs, and was a very battered rottern transit but that went before i could get a pic.

Screenshot_2019-07-23-21-26-57.png

Screenshot_2019-07-23-21-26-49.png

Screenshot_2019-07-23-21-40-04.png

Couple of Landy's spotted earlier this month slowly returning to nature in Hayes.

IMG-20190710-200726.jpg

Low mileage Defender that's been there at least a year judging from the MOT expiry - up until that point it had a spotless MOT history too.

IMG-20190710-200739.jpg

This old Series LR was parked on the road in front of it that I'm guessing hasn't moved for quite some time either.

I'll  be going back for pics soon, but tonight we were discussing a BMW 635 CSI that was sitting on a drive near where I grew up, it had been parked a long time when I used to deliver newspapers in about 1990 - went and had a look and it's still there, now under a cover for all the good it'll do! 

Got told about this B5.5 Passat that's been left for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd take a look. Would yield some useful bits for mine but I'm not touching it without permission

48432453847_ef4701c294_k.jpg20190801_153247 by RS, on Flickr

48432459257_c8d732664c_k.jpg20190801_153311 by RS, on Flickr

48432444772_4ce4592975_k.jpg20190801_153254 by RS, on Flickr

1 hour ago, MOD500 said:

The going rate for a basket case on wheels is over a grand. Body panels are very easy to obtain. Garden work implies this may be looking for a new owner soon.

Didn't realise they were worth that much. There is also a modern Citroen on the other drive that hasn't moved for a few years. Think it's just an old lady/man paid to have a bit of a garden tidy. Hope she/he doesn't get loads of idiots at her door now it's visible. However it was visible a couple of years ago before the brambles took over.

Im contemplating doing a cheap car street dumpage.

Spotted a car for sale in St Leondards - this is a 5 and a bit hour drive from me, or a 5 and a bit hour train journey with 4 changes and a ticket price of £210 second class.

Im thinking buy some shitbox cheap - day insurance - leave parked up in a side street with the keys in the ignition and then drive home in the new car as being marginally cheaper and possibly more pleasant than getting a train ticket.

1 hour ago, UltraWomble said:

Im contemplating doing a cheap car street dumpage.

Spotted a car for sale in St Leondards - this is a 5 and a bit hour drive from me, or a 5 and a bit hour train journey with 4 changes and a ticket price of £210 second class.

Im thinking buy some shitbox cheap - day insurance - leave parked up in a side street with the keys in the ignition and then drive home in the new car as being marginally cheaper and possibly more pleasant than getting a train ticket.

any shitters in the local area you could gift the car too? or just offer it to the seller for a discount on whatever your buying? IIRC @DodgyBastard did that with a Chevette he bought :)

I would not just leave a car dumped on the street like that

UltraWomble, abandoning it in the street with keys in is asking for trouble, someone will nick it and their speeding fines, robbery getaway or whatever will cause you problems.

Couldn't you arrange for cartakeback or similar to pick it up?  Then you get a few quid in your pocket too. 

I seem to remember someone on Retro Rides giving away an Omega in a similar way, although I think this one had broken down and theyd abandoned it. They left the keys and the logbook in the glovebox and gave it away on the forum. Unfortunately by the time the new owner got there it had been stolen/hiabbed away.