Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

On 11 July 2019 at 6:45 PM, The coldone said:

.... never even heard of this car

That generation Korando - looks like a pastiche of a Willys Jeep tacked onto a Suzuki SJ - was never sold here, but we did get the next one - think I've only ever seen two on the road - quite awkward looks. The name is pure marketing shite, some bollix about it being a contraction of the faintly patriotic slogan "Korea Can Do".

On 6/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, Lord Sterling said:

I was confused at first thinking it was a childrens nursery with the name and paintings on the walls.

Nah, just run by hipster vegans I would think looking at the 'vdub'

Forgot about this thread. Here's a house around the corner from my parents that I've gone past multiple times daily for over a decade now:

eRp8sl5.jpg

Maestro is reg M367 RCK, it's a Clubman D which if memory serves was last on the road in 2008? The Passat unfortunately had its plates nicked years ago but it might have been a K reg? That's not it though, further back in the yard there's another red car that's under a tarp (becomes more uncovered with every storm) that APPEARS to be another Maestro. I believe the owner's wife died a bit over a decade ago, and he turned into something of a recluse after it. Whole gaff's in as bad a state as the cars these days, and it's a fucking shame because on the early Google Streetview photos the Maestro is mint. I've gone right up close and looked under it before and it's actually pretty solid still by the looks of things, maybe because it's on bricks at the front so water hasn't collected in the sills and such. I took this photo over 3 years ago, so it's worse now, but still saveable IMO. One day I'll get the balls to knock on and give the bloke an offer on it, don't think he'd sell any of it though. /waffle

8 hours ago, Microwave said:

The Passat unfortunately had its plates nicked years ago but it might have been a K reg? 

3A Passats are quite unusual now, they're a good solid car, bet the heater controls are broken though. I'd have one of these any day.

Question is, what's in the garage?

13 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Question is, what's in the garage?

I don’t think there’s anything interesting to us lot in there. Annoys me that this guy has the only 2 car garage in the entire neighbourhood and it’s left in this condition hahaha

8 hours ago, bunglebus said:

So you do! Southend and surrounding areas was always great for spotting old crap, and even though I worked in Leigh for years we seem to have found different cars with a few exceptions, like the blue Anglia every man and his dog knew about

The Anglebox was on The Fairway in Leigh, near the junction with Eastwood Road North. I grew up on ERN and I never remember it looking much better. Its long gone now. The owner's daughter advertised it on car and classic and a Ford breaker came down from Lancashire for it. Sure he was trying to sell another (much better) rolling shell with the ID of this one a few weeks later so don't be surprised if UOO 739E reappears somewhere.

Sadly the scrappage scheme and high scrap prices have seen off a lot of the best stuff, the number of 70s/80s cars in Southend has depleted over the last 10 years. I started photographing stuff around 2008 and it really was a treasure trove back then. However, its still far, far better for spotting than most areas of the country, which seem PCP central in comparison.

1 hour ago, Angrydicky said:

The Anglebox was on The Fairway in Leigh, near the junction with Eastwood Road North. I grew up on ERN and I never remember it looking much better. Its long gone now. The owner's daughter advertised it on car and classic and a Ford breaker came down from Lancashire for it. Sure he was trying to sell another (much better) rolling shell with the ID of this one a few weeks later so don't be surprised if UOO 739E reappears somewhere.

So that's what happened to it! Thanks, I'd wondered for a while where that ended up. There used to be an Anglia estate on a driveway near Braintree so rotten that its back had broken, you could see where the roof had kinked at the b-pillar. First saw it in 1991 and it was there until about five years ago (as in when I finally decided to drive past and photograph the poor thing all that was left was a rusty stain and a lot of cut back brambles) 

Hi Bunglebus didn't realise you were local, I noticed the Bond thing in Hawkwell straight away when I saw your above photo.  There is a maroon Granada Cosworth abandoned on a drive across the road. 

As Dicky says this corner of Essex is still pretty good for spotting tat, there are some right heaps from the 80's still in daily use, mainly Fords.  The best was the below Granada 2.8 GL that was sadly written off, that was rough.  If you want to browse my pics they are mostly Southend spots (Westcliff / Leigh / Rochford etc..)

16393921641_5e1f495282_c.jpg1984 Ford Granada 2.8 GL by steve wilson, on Flickr

You chaps not find the rotten P5 in the overgrowth behind Billericay station?

Easier to spot in Winter from the top of a double decker but of course there is a chance its now gone. 

FYI you essex boys, I haven't completely given up on finding a white Avenger saloon if you ever see one parked up / dumped / stripped whatever.  I believe it is still 'Somewhere'