A few more, both on drives and seemingly abandoned on the road;

47899891051_3341d7d126_k.jpg20190521_132849 by RS, on Flickr

47110599484_0e6a86ce35_k.jpg20190521_132715 by RS, on Flickr

47899887261_feace79f55_k.jpg20190521_133100 by RS, on Flickr

Shit through the windscreen shot of overgrown Jaaag

47120353874_871cba3986_k.jpg20190522_140750 by RS, on Flickr

Slightly less shit pic of dented, flat tyred ovLov that hasn't moved in weeks;

47857664092_67f2d1d321_k.jpg20190522_130643 by RS, on Flickr

I'll have to get one of the Audi cabrio near here, never seems to move, has rusty discs and lots of bird shit - noticed the other day the discs were clean from driving - checked and it's SORN but has just been MoT'd. Now back collecting bird shit again ?

On 5/4/2019 at 10:50 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Carmarthenshite Four: also near Capel Dewi, life went downhill for this Vitara a while ago. Carries the plate R862 ACL if anyone's interested.....

R862ACL is SORN'd and it's MOT expiered 7/10/15; is it resting in a private driveway or did it roll there from a house up the hill?

35 minutes ago, martc said:

R862ACL is SORN'd and it's MOT expiered 7/10/15; is it resting in a private driveway or did it roll there from a house up the hill?

It rests - languishes is more like it - at the gate of a field where sheep usually graze. I'm thinking the farmer, or one of his family, dumped it there once they had no further use for it.

That first Capel Dewi set of dead cars (some old nutter owns them) was there in 1997 when my parents moved to the area, and it was pretty clear some had been there for 20 or so years even then. 

The first one to have a roof collapse was an early 50s Jag, it’s probably not much more than an engine block and chassis now.

The Victor FB estate just visible in the last shot was for sale for £400 in about 2000! 

From memory the red Allegro at the front had its windows put out late in the last decade, hence the ‘private’ notice that appears to be painted on the bonnet. 

21 hours ago, Amishtat said:

This appeared on the roundabout next to work today. We'll find out tomorrow whether dumped or ftp'd but it's clearly a cherished survivor that just coincidentally has a roughly person shaped dent in the bonnet. 

IMG_20190522_184228.jpg

IMG_20190522_184238.jpg

My old discovery has a similar sunroof 

10 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

Amishtat not sure where in Essex you are but have you seen the dumped Rover P5 behind Billericay station?  You can see it from Mountnessing Road just before going over the railway line on the left if you are heading towards Shenfield.   Its not easy to see.

Not far from me - I'll look later

The door is from an Austin A55 Cambridge circa 1957-59, looks like it was Court Grey. The picture with the bit of tyre also contains remains of said vehicle.

The small sidevalve engine is a Ford, so probably a 1950s Anglia or Popular. 

Not sure what the other two engines are. Neither particularly look like a 1489cc B series from the Cambridge. One of them has a separate chassis by the look of it.

19 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

Amishtat not sure where in Essex you are but have you seen the dumped Rover P5 behind Billericay station?  You can see it from Mountnessing Road just before going over the railway line on the left if you are heading towards Shenfield.   Its not easy to see.

No I haven't.. Next time I'm out that way I'll try to have a look though, thanks! 

The door is from an Austin A55 Cambridge circa 1957-59, looks like it was Court Grey. The picture with the bit of tyre also contains remains of said vehicle.
Not sure what the other two engines are. Neither particularly look like a 1489cc B series from the Cambridge. One of them has a separate chassis by the look of it.

Thank you :)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, Angrydicky said:

Sorry but I think you're wrong. It looks pretty much like a 2011 sprinter to me.