Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

Serious thought - could you set up shop as a Waste Carrier, get all the appropriate licences, and go round hoovering these dumped cars up?

Naturally you'd need to get some sort of council contract but seemingly if their costs are too high to do it themselves, you could get that fairly easily.

Once it's been lifted onto your beavertail, lob it in a compound and have a half-hearted effort to track the owner down. Couple of weeks later, "dispose of it" by way of flogging it on here.

The compound at the garage i work in has quite a few abandoned cars in it. Not by the public however, most are the bosses dead cars, some are customer cars that they don't want repaired and some are staff cars that have been replaced.

They all need to be scrapped or sold at some point

The compound at the garage i work in has quite a few abandoned cars in it. Not by the public however, most are the bosses dead cars, some are customer cars that they don't want repaired and some are staff cars that have been replaced.

They all need to be scrapped or sold at some point

Serious thought - could you set up shop as a Waste Carrier, get all the appropriate licences, and go round hoovering these dumped cars up?

Naturally you'd need to get some sort of council contract but seemingly if their costs are too high to do it themselves, you could get that fairly easily.

Once it's been lifted onto your beavertail, lob it in a compound and have a half-hearted effort to track the owner down. Couple of weeks later, "dispose of it" by way of flogging it on here.

Alternatively...

Picture%20june15%20042_zps8dkivlvf.jpg

Picture%20june15%20041_zpsjawonevs.jpg

This Mercedes is sitting in a private parking bay behind some houses in Gravesend.

Picture%20june15%20016_zpssxy2kuxc.jpg

This unfortunate Astra is sitting in the top car park of Brands Hatch circuit.

That is a waste of a Mercedes W211 E Class, that needs saved.....the astra?.....Mehh.......not so bothered about that.

Ashtray: marshals' rescue practice?

Speaking of abandoned Mercs...  There is a car park under Musical Offspring's hall of residence in Manchester.  A silver W210 was resting in there when we went up for his interviews in 2013 and was still present, with dust thickening, when we delivered him the following September.  By the beginning of his second year, it had been moved outside and finally disappeared sometime between this New Year and Easter.

Poor Merc :( It looks a little saggy at the rear? I wonder if the self leveling suspension (an option on these I think) went and somebody parked it up as it was £1,9999999999,000000000,888888888 to fix? The fact that somebody tucked the mirrors in shows that somebody probably still cared about it a little bit.

post-5367-0-51996100-1471879606_thumb.jpg

Been tripping over this in a street near me for a few weeks now.....Think it's now got about 72 hours MOT left on it.   Unfortunately the auxiliary supplementary security bonnet catch seems to have let go in the heat although I imagine that to be the least of its worries.    Probably, the residents of Flat 2a will soon be missing the ever-changing vista of roof moss in a week or so.   One of the rear doubles has since gone flat, too. 

Just around the corner from the burnt out Peugeot 306 in the field near me is the entrance to a field which has a burnt out "New Beetle" sat in it. No scorch marks on the ground this time, so I suspect it was torched in the field and lifted out to the roadside by the farmer with a telehandler.

You've obviously no idea how the council work. I'd go in with some absurdly high prices to shift them, then promise the local councillor with umpteen blowjobs off a 18 year old bird and I think you'd be onto a contract. I think that's how it works in local politics...

If it got me a regular supply of shite to drive/sell and a decent income..... how expensive are blonde wigs?

Speed that the DVLA will work at is probably not compatible with the speed that the council will remove the car.

Even if it then heads to a compound, the daily storage would be your issue if you took ownership so it'd have to be pretty special to make it worthwhile.

Spotted tonight

28409680724_0662432e07_k.jpg1989 VAUXHALL CAVALIER 1600 L MK3 SALOON 1598cc G406FUY by JOHN, on Flickr

28409686294_8d143ee004_k.jpg1989 VAUXHALL CAVALIER 1600 L MK3 SALOON 1598cc G406FUY by JOHN, on Flickr

29030042265_cc5475592a_k.jpg1989 VAUXHALL CAVALIER 1600 L MK3 SALOON 1598cc G406FUY by JOHN, on Flickr

Untaxed. Last tax expired November 1, 2014

No MOT Last MOT expired December 1, 2015

Dumped at the roadside - spotted in Leicester 16.08.2016.

There is a scrapyard nearby and I assume it was closed so the car was dumped here.

Oh dear that needs rescuing :(

Taxed and a whole 3 days MOT left  

Well thats just bizarre - a years tax?

So either its crapped out just after it was taxed, or its on a rolling DD or the owner has gone away / in hospital for the last 3 weeks and let the rear tyre down as a means of preventing theft.

Mind you - that Pug that eventually got towed from over the road from me was taxed right up to it being cubed. Had been out of MOT for 6 months though.

• 3 weeks later...

post-19618-0-88348300-1473524622_thumb.jpg

I find this really surprising. Whilst not mega valuable - they do have a following and cars like this are always worth something owing to their rare nature.

Or am I kidding myself ?

It's been there for at least a year. Details via PM if anyone fancies claiming it.

Poor Merc :( It looks a little saggy at the rear? I wonder if the self leveling suspension (an option on these I think) went and somebody parked it up as it was £1,9999999999,000000000,888888888 to fix? The fact that somebody tucked the mirrors in shows that somebody probably still cared about it a little bit.

Maybe not. The mirrors will have folded in when the car was locked!

Shame to see it rotting, there.

attachicon.gif20160905_162457.jpg

I find this really surprising. Whilst not mega valuable - they do have a following and cars like this are always worth something owing to their rare nature.

Or am I kidding myself ?

It's been there for at least a year. Details via PM if anyone fancies claiming it.

Still see stuff like that and think ''new car'' , Who are these mentalists leaving shiny green lumps of metal like this slumped on a kerb somewhere.. Why not just sell the fucking thing.