Royale Coupe - Brakes fixed!

Stevebrookman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a quick update.

Forgot that the Senators MOT was up until 2 days before. Royale being used 7 days a week for the last month. Comfortable, fast and gets quite a few glances. Fuel pump -new last year-is a little noisy so may replace. Apart from that all good-windows all work and so does the sunroof. 

Lovely blasting around with my 80's CD on.

Steve

kEK8VtU.jpg

Spoke too soon!

Replaced the fuel pump on my Royale (3.0i) about a year ago after the previous one that had also been on a year gave up the ghost. Now having to replace the pump for the third time as the one now on it is noisy and the car has cut out a few times. Did this on a roundabout today - had to push it onto the side and then it re-started. So as it's noisy I'm suspecting the pump.

I'm now thinking that there must be rust/muck in the tank. I'm buying a couple of filters and am going to plumb one in before the pump as the current design which is after the pump seems a little daft.

Steev

Is it a mechanical or electrical pump on these? Also something worth checking is the petrol filler cap to see if its the right one; some need to be vented. Many years ago, I suffered a sucked in steel petrol tank when foolish me put a locking cap on it, unvented, which I had no idea it needed to be. Didn't have any running trouble though and was amazed at the vacuum power of a fuel pump.

Thanks Squire,

It's a fuel injection pump. Problem is the filter is after the pump - so any muck from the tank ends up in the pump. Will get a pre pump filter- but the seller I have found has the ones with 12mm connectors out of stock.

My 15 year old son was not happy pushing it onto the pavement at a busy roundabout!

steve

T

• 2 months later...

Bought it in oct/nov 2015. Use it in rotation with the Senator-so quite a bit. Drivers door is dented-but it came with a good spare one. I just do enough to keep it running sweetly and MOT'd. If it was immaculate-I wouldn't use it as much and would worry about parking it in certain places. As I've said previously-old cars are for using! The pleasure I get out of driving these brightens up the day. You see the odd Ferrari or Aston about-but when was the last time people saw a Senator or Royale on the road?

Steve

Imagine a Royale Coupe with the 24v engine in it :D

Funny you should say that-the bloke I bought my Royale off had a Royale Coupe in which he had fitted a Carlton GSi 24valave engine. He offered it to me (over 2.5 years ago) for £3000 which I didn't have. He put it up for sale a couple of months ago for £2500. 

It's now appeared on facebook-heres the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378707828981300/

And a few photos

lzhB1DC.jpg

GziIQmZ.jpg

MBZxsdG.jpg