Black weekend. not renault 20 plus other collection's

garbaldy

This has been an incredible read, well done!

What an amazing stash that guy has. Goes to show that for all the idiotic sellers and buyers out there are some absolute diamonds. Some drool-worthy Opels there.

I rather like the Subaru and Vanette too. The latter is an odd one that we didn't get in the UK and I didn't realise was sold in Europe as a van. Here's one with windows I saw some years ago, to show what the rest of it would look like:

6974586896_b95f41ea19_c.jpg

1989 Nissan King Vanette SLX (C22), Norway 2002 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I had an E plate diesel one for a while when at uni. Had been bought for fuck all as it had been nicked and ram raided with the tailgate open. New tailgate and some portapower action and it was all good.

Enough of my old chod. This is an epic collection thread. I reckon I would have had a meltdown and toasted marshmallows over the pyre of merc and bought a German tow car.

Top stuff.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replys, I knew this collection would go down well after the guy showed us his first shed then it just snowballed and got better and better,

The merc has done the German trip before and was faultless I guess it was just bad luck this time but if it had not broken down we would not have seen his collection as we would have just turned straight round and headed home.

That Nissan vanette is a favourite of mine and I would loved to have bought it but he made it clear that it wasn't for sale,

Here is the egg van that I had as a kid which got me liking that shape of van.

post-3747-0-53953100-1449400767_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Thanks for the kind words guys😉

This black weekend thread was the second euro collection so I'll add a wee description of other collections for you to laugh at.

This was the first one.post-3747-0-38793400-1424464024.thumb.jpg.fbc06e7304db0a3a92c64548041896d8.jpg

And it started off really quite well we left Scotland drove down to the ferry got straight on and all was well,   day one was coming to a close and we found a hotel,   a message to the seller went un answered along with another 4 over the next hour or so,      in the am after breakfast finally got an answer after a hand full of calls to be told by Mr seller that he had changed his mind and wanted to refund the 500 euro deposit hmm.  Since we where only 100km or so from sellers house we just arrived anyway,  luckily face to face he never said anything and let us load it up after handing him some more cash,  we did this extra quick without even checking the car chucked some straps at it and took off before he changed his mind again,  maybe he wasn't too brave once face to face with two big hairy arsed blokes on his doorstep  😁

That was number one and it took the shine off the trip being told he had changed his mind after travelling a 1000 or so miles.

Number two was the troublesome Merc so that brings us to number 3 which was this.

post-3747-0-99660300-1454528033.thumb.jpg.2ea97e8f8bcdf40710eda95bb4a1fe4e.jpg

Now this one was another German purchase which once again started of very well,  an arrival time was set and full payment was sent before even hitching the trailer up,  (learned that from the first one) arrived 20mins early at sellers house not a sign of life this was after regular messages updating where abouts we had got too.

We waited a little over 4 hours with all messages unanswered  before someone arrived to open garage up 🙄  never mind,   after  an F1 load up we set off sitting at 80mph so as not to miss the ferry,  all  was fine for a few hundred miles until the hilux decided to go into limp mode ,   after a quick pit stop and nothing untoward found back onto motorway and creep it up to 70 and all was well for a few miles bang limp mode ffs,    it turns out at 70 the hilux could be turned off and after a few seconds restarted and no limp mode for another dozen miles,   of course ferry was missed so another crossing had to be bought then it was a simple ignition on and off all the way to Scotland.