Black weekend. not renault 20 plus other collection's

garbaldy

Right so number 4 I think.

This was a straight forward drive to east Germany pick up this car then another on way back so a brace of scrotes what could possibly go wrong.

post-3747-0-53045500-1449437689.thumb.jpg.eba252903317a5d87146131e986139c9.jpg 

Arrived seller was ready so loaded up and headed back west for the next one,

The gold one was a tatty old thing with rusty wings that flapped around a bit so the silver one was taken of the trailer and old tatty loaded up, silver one had a set of plates fitted and the drive home started,  the silver car was very clean and described as a good runner however after 30 mins it started to miss and get hot, a pit stop and the rad was very nearly empty so 3 of us ferrying bottles of water up the bank from a stream had us on our way again,  after stopping numerous times to fill the fucker up again the decision was made to swap cars,  we did this along with plates and we where off again,   didn't last long though as the brakes where binding on so another pit stop and swapping of calipers commenced  with brake fluid reservoir pulled off the now borked one  to top the old fluid into the gold one.   Of we set to the next service station where some tank tape was purchased to take the flappy rusty wings back on, all this and we hadn't even escaped Germany yet,  after this it was 70 to 80mph (ford clocks so Probably 60)  all the way home, funny thing is we didn't pass a single copper untill 5 miles from home who just gave us a strange look 😎  

I can't find pics of us fucking about in the laybye swapping shit about as must have loaded them onto a different laptop.

This one number 5 was another good trip.

20210215_211843.thumb.jpg.97011f98eddb83463496e9b577b8fc14.jpg

We arrived at seller with no fuss or bother and he had both for sale one for me one for mate so a quick turn around was made,  we set off down a few little back roads heading for the motorway.

Once on the fast roads  while    accelerating up to speed  hit 40 to 45 and fuck me this thing wagged like a dog to the point it was scary, after some discussions 're heading back and dropping one off again we came to a laybye so pulled in,  checked the trailer front to back and everything was sound  all tyres rock  hard so not a trailer issue,  we set off again and for miles struggled to keep the rig in a straight line,   we pulled into next laybye where we decided to take both cars of the trailer and swap them round, both  none runners made this a fun job and as we had them off the trailer a police car came in drove past then stopped and reversed back, they then proceeded to sit and watch us load the first one back on probably thinking stupid English fuckers and if they didn't we certainly did, the above pic was after we had swapped them and this time we got the front one upon the headboard to shift the load forward a foot or so, 

this only helped a little so the next time we pulled off the road we saw a building site and bingo we managed to borrow to big concrete 4 feet kerb stones which the two of us struggled to lift,  we put these at the very front of the trailer and set off gingerly and nope no better, stopped and shifted stones further  back still no better we stopped numerous times and even tried in the pick up, eventually we decided one at the headboard and one just in front of front axle of trailer,  this set up let us sit at 45 to 50 ish all the way home,  it was still wagging alarmingly and I found gentle braking would pull it back in line as you just coulďnt accelerate out of the wag it was bloody scary when it got a wiggle on that's for sure.

Top shitting (although they really are probably way out of shitters territory in actuality) - I had a 66 Ford Taunus Transit from that there Deutschland. Loved my time over there. Old fords are well catered for there too, although not my bag - the van was just too good (and weird) to miss.

With the trailer - it looked massively nose heavy - did you not put the front car with engine to the middle - even out the weight distribution..... that may have helped. I only know after a massive tank slapper expereince on the E40 in Belgium had me shitting my pants and re-thinking placement!

All of the Fords were for restorations? Rally? Spares only? I may have missed it earlier in the thread - sorry if I did.

11 hours ago, Back_For_More said:

Top shitting (although they really are probably way out of shitters territory in actuality) -

They were not in 2015 mind 😉

With the trailer - it looked massively nose heavy - did you not put the front car with engine to the middle - even out the weight distribution..... that may have helped. I only know after a massive tank slapper expereince on the E40 in Belgium had me shitting my pants and re-thinking placement!

Yes the blue one was on the front backwards up against the headboard and yellow was on forwards with wheels on the trailer extension,  we thought it was all to far back so shifted the heavier car to the front up on the headboard to shift weight forward, bearing in mind these cars are under a ton so not exactly a heavy load.   We came to the conclusion the trailer was shite after the farmer who Ient us it said yeh son it's shit to tow 😁  wish he'd said that before we used it.

All of the Fords were for restorations? Rally? Spares only? I may have missed it earlier in the thread - sorry if I did.

I still have the blue one waiting in the queue a mate has the green one another has the silver more door, the gold one ended up in wales the cream one also Wales fiesta is on some racking the mitsi is with another mate.

just like buying 😁

The next collection was from the Ukraine which was two dnepr motorbikes, This was the leave Scotland and arrive in Poland  1080 miles and 20 hrs later in a transit that would only just touch 80mph down hill and you had to drop a gear at the slightest incline,  fuck that was proper shit that van and after that trip my mate sold it,      this was plain sailing getting to The bottom of Poland but then we had hours to wait on the guy meeting us as he apparently had trouble sneaking the bikes out across the border 1 at a time over two nights.

Im pretty sure i did a collection thread on here for them but can i heck find it to rob a picture as I have none on this phone, here's one out for a run.received_501309330603839.thumb.jpeg.8a891984c17ab22c902e25827b322db1.jpeg

The next collection was put off twice due to lockdown and was supposed to be this but in the end it just couldn't happen. 20210531_172900.thumb.jpg.f65f518556b66acdb44fade684d7bba0.jpg

So another car was sourced the only problem was it was near Zagreb a mere 1400 odd miles away no probs fire up the Quattro/transit.    The journey down was faultless right up to the 10 mile traffic jam and after hours creeping forward it turns out it was the Croatian border crossing and extra checks, once at the checkpoint  a quick discussion between bewildered guards  had us on our way as once they found out we where only popping in and straight out again they where fine. This was sellers collection.received_884973945428724.thumb.jpeg.d35dde5044309b7aebecaaeac8d996aa.jpeg

received_1278158012604607.thumb.jpeg.454123da41c7aeef0de8e41f7bd57f95.jpeg

After a blether and telling him why we where so late he told us which way to go back avoiding main roads as the small border crossings are far easier,   loaded and on our way follosung his directions this was true other than the crossing guards where asking for something paperworky for the car, some pointing and gobldygook later he just waved us through must have thought we where right knobs.

Mile after mile until another long wait received_291141916121857.thumb.jpeg.d196967a3a931a8e6d8e4d7998c2f411.jpeg

received_1044927339609686.thumb.jpeg.b66727de7a67c986e95abad195b1097a.jpeg

Mates new tranny is far better than the old one plus it's auto with cruise which makes for a better run but by fuck the seats are not comfy so not improved on that bit then.

• garbaldy changed the title to Black weekend. not renault 20 plus other collection's