Seals Ford Granada Ghia

Sealtainn

f6df7f95151e8d4b127e75b6a18ab767.jpg

As it's been some considerable time since my last post, thought I'd post an update.

The Granada is now residing in our barn in Bulgaria. She now has a set of LHD headlights and NOS headlight protectors fitted in preparation for her KAT test and subsequent Bulgarian registration next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you know that the bucket man will be coming sniffing if that happens :D

Hi everyone,

Bulgaria is fantastic, the people are very friendly & tolerant of my piss poor language efforts. We are looking at Mrs Seal & the kids moving out there full time next year and I'll stay in the UK working and taking chunks of time off work to go back & forth.

Can't remember if I posted before but stupidly I didn't check Mrs Seals licence restrictions and she wasn't able to drive something the size of the Mercedes with that many seats (even though she has her Category 1) so I sadly had to part with it a few weeks before we left for Bulgaria last year and buy something else sharpish. Ended up with this

b624d6a5ee57c4ddae6aa3436a91acfe.jpg

• 1 year later...

1ad62d49fd1925caf232386168802b07.jpg

Bought this van load of spares from a mate in a Facebook Ford group for £150, the interior is in fantastic condition and includes all the motors etc for the rear seats. Picked it up from Essex and drove it to a freight forwarder in Enfield and lobbed it all on a pallet.

d31624d20fc25500744c889c70e8bc3a.jpg

Also managed to find a mint dash top as the current one is cracked and a 4cyl rev counter as for some reason she has a 6cyl one fitted so reads way too low. Also picking up the rest of the RS bodykit to go with the factory fitted RS rear spoiler.

• 1 year later...

Swapped the entire clocks over as the 4cyl set only had 200 miles less than the originals and all is now well. Got the leather interior in too, had to wire the electric adjustment as only had wiring for the heated seats which was available with cloth seats on the Ghia X. Also added a Sierra Cosworth 3-spoke leather steering wheel. Next up is changing the suspension as her arse is saggy and I want to add a towbar. Found a guy on the Mk3 Granada Facebook page who’s a member of the Bulgarian Sierra/Granada page who works at a bodyshop and lives 1hr from me so she will be going there for a full respray and fitting of the replacement doors, bonnet and the rest of the RS bodykit. Having to save for that as house renovations are taking priority (I can’t continue walking down the garden for a crap in the depths of winter)