Tickman's stuff. VAG shite

Tickman

True to his word the exhaust departed a couple of days later, My youngest whos car it is sent me a picture of the exhaust hanging off the back still attached by one rubber.

She was pissing herself laughing especially at the car that had been tailgating her then backed right off for some reason 😂

This got replaced at a cost of about 7p because bits are so cheap.

Poor Mr Hedgehog was mortified when he found out but I pointed out it was exactly as described. It is a great little car and highly recommended.

The GSR has been getting quite a few extra miles on it and the lure of something different had been in the back of my mind for a while. The GSR is still a favourite for no real reason, it just is right for me.

A couple of Roffles have been entered with the real desire of winning but my cunning plan fell flat on its face and no winning tickets were purchased.

On the afternoon prior to the last Roffle I entered there was a message in a group chat asking if a certain number came out would anyone be interested in taking the car for a bit. My reply was Yes and a bit more Yes.

A few hours later and the number was drawn! I messaged and said that I would love to take it on but understood if that wouldn't happen. 

A week or so later and it was in the hands of Mr Freeman on behalf of

@worldofceri

First impressions, it's Very yellow. No surprise there but in real life it seems more yellow if that is possible!

Once tyre pressures were sorted it plods along very nicely, it makes noises when you make it go quickly and the coolant level warning light seems to just be a poor connection with the sensor.

Very few miles have been done in it yet but I hope to change that soon enough.

Not many people who trust you with a car they just won so thanks @Jim Bell

So I took this to the workshop to have a look over. There were priorities like coolant warning light etc butPXL_20210829_084358871.thumb.jpg.2e162a74844d4d821ea4b426224da68a.jpg

Roof off first. Wonder where it went? Found it!

PXL_20210829_090014835.thumb.jpg.17e503d74344389a47f305c8c184269a.jpg

Still room under it but possibly not for a weekly shop.

Next was the grot, not the rusty kind.

PXL_20210829_091235395.thumb.jpg.999e78f0970609f385bd957d51d169c5.jpg

Yuk. This got cleaned up a bit as well as

PXL_20210829_091732695_MP.thumb.jpg.b17eff24daa14b2a0f60b8f605e03035.jpg

Roof drains, might be worth keeping these clear.

PXL_20210829_092042395.thumb.jpg.fdc3d1177c8a791c25f24c873ebeb69e.jpg

More yuk

PXL_20210829_092831978.thumb.jpg.70d160b6b1d4b1123ca5a2b5cb0eee5e.jpg

Much better. 

Didn't clean the car, just the gross bits. 

More shakedown runs and getting comfortable enough to stop hearing things and wondering what is about to fall off or break!

Did a few miles in this yesterday and it is excellent at overtaking a Honda Jazz doing 30 in a 60 limit without any effort.

Gaps to pull out in are now big enough where in other cars it is worth waiting.

After 15-20 miles there is definitely a coolant smell inside the car so UV dye ordered to try and track that down.

Other news, incoming later today something practical to get some stuff done!

• Tickman changed the title to Tickman's stuff. Trailer booked for a Sunday collection

Trailer collected and a quick stop at Asda taking up about 8 spaces!

PXL_20210919_092532341_MP.thumb.jpg.89d2d3c34bf5c73a91d59bcce93da007.jpg

Then headed off to the collection address. Google maps took me down some narrow enough A roads then onto some winding B roads but it was no bother to the super Saab which didn't skip a beat!

The thing was loaded and @jaypee and @320touring arrived at this point. Many straps were added and we headed off. Just as we were about to turn out of the driveway @Supernaut@sdkrc trundled past.

We headed off to Forfar in a slow convoy and 90 minutes later we arrived. Then the fun was to begin.

everything was unstrapped and the light* bits brought in first. Then the main event. I had an idea of a plan but Neil asked me to measure how wide the access road was, 2.9M the cargo was 2.8M. we went for it and ended up with great success!

it went a lot easier than I had feared but it was hard work!

Afterwards we went for some food.

so what the fuck did I get?

Why this of course!

PXL_20210919_131909347.thumb.jpg.04d35db57a7a1915e66b0b0d45ba5fae.jpg

Massive thanks to @JimH for holding on to it for soooooooo long and loading it and... You get the point.

None of this would have been possible without everyone mentioned. 

I am really lucky to have some amazing friends. 

PXL_20210919_144533744.MP.jpg

• Tickman changed the title to Tickman's stuff. Many hands make light* work

I drove the Discovery in the hope that the Saab would shit its pants towing 1000kgs and I could save the day. Even brought my jump leads and a tow rope.

That thought very quickly left my mind when I couldn't keep up with you on a gentle incline.

Lift will be ace once up and running. Great day out too

10 hours ago, sdkrc said:

I drove the Discovery in the hope that the Saab would shit its pants towing 1000kgs and I could save the day. Even brought my jump leads and a tow rope.

That thought very quickly left my mind when I couldn't keep up with you on a gentle incline.

Lift will be ace once up and running. Great day out too

Begin scene:

Our intrepid duo are leaving Dundee northbound, heading up that hill.

Supernaut: "Is this full throttle?"

sdkrc: "Almost, I don't want to blow off the boost hose"

Supernaut: "I rescind my earlier suggestion that we use this to tow..."

A red Saab towing a trailer can be seen gradually getting further and further away in front of them.