Tickman's stuff. VAG shite

Tickman

Just now, stereotype said:

Give it a month and you can have this NEW AND IMPROVED "is it the one that sinks" Xantia! Only however much I've invested in it, WHOA WHAT A STEAL, BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I DID ANYTHING TO IT EXCEPT KEEP IT RUNNING SO IF YOU FIND MY MISSING £20 NOTE IN THERE THEN WHOA THATS 10% BACK! INCREDIBLE SAVINGS! It's got like 9 months MOT and feels like a magic carpet ride I just want my 205 to make me happy again and she can't do that if I'm sulking at other cars.

This is the 5th(?) time it's happened and even though it'll never do it again thanks to steel and welding on father Tickmans behalf while I was pissy for 2 days, it's too big french shite for my tastes, which is limited to basically just clios and 2 wheelers of asian origin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fucking tempting, but I've spent money on the ZX now, I can't go throwing that away...

Swap for a ZX?

Stop tempting me, damn it!

If the clutch is on the way out (judging by it doing the clip twice) me owning it would utterly destroy the clutch very quickly. I can't keep my hands off the fuel pumps in XUDs...

So with the new* arrival due an MOT in a month I have given it a once over.

Underneath it needs a small patch with the welder, I'm not doing this until the MOT tester has had a look and declared it is worth my effort.
Secondly, a few weeks ago when pulling away there was a massive noise, it sounded like a spring snapping. A quick look at the time showed nothing obvious but the broken bit has now moved and it is obvious.
The front discs are warped, this is apparently a bi-annual occurrence, with it being Auto I'm blaming that.
There is an exhaust leak, it is at the CAT, not a flange but the body of the cat.

A quick cost up at ECP came to £100 without the cat. Plus welding it and my time.

I shall see what else the tester finds and then it will be decision time.

I cannot see massive value in one of these even with a fresh ticket.

1 hour ago, Tickman said:

So with the new* arrival due an MOT in a month I have given it a once over.

Underneath it needs a small patch with the welder, I'm not doing this until the MOT tester has had a look and declared it is worth my effort.
Secondly, a few weeks ago when pulling away there was a massive noise, it sounded like a spring snapping. A quick look at the time showed nothing obvious but the broken bit has now moved and it is obvious.
The front discs are warped, this is apparently a bi-annual occurrence, with it being Auto I'm blaming that.
There is an exhaust leak, it is at the CAT, not a flange but the body of the cat.

A quick cost up at ECP came to £100 without the cat. Plus welding it and my time.

I shall see what else the tester finds and then it will be decision time.

I cannot see massive value in one of these even with a fresh ticket.

Any photos? The 02- 06 shape CRVs are really catching my eye at the moment. Rot seems to be standard on a few though. 

So the spring had started making itself known by making quite a lot of noise that it wasn't making before.

A quick look showed that the bottom coil was stuck and twisted through the spring. My plan today was to pull this bit out to make it quieter.

IMG_20190723_101943622.thumb.jpg.a533fce21ae281f9427a836bf7b4408e.jpg

So the bottom coil has broken off but it has also broken right in the middle of the spring too!

Bollocks, quick fix* now off the cards.

A quick check in with my MOT tester this morning for him to cast an eye over the CR-V has determined that as of the 22nd of August it shall be no more.

It is a little rusty as I already knew but the adding up of other bits it needs means it is not worth the effort.

Cartakeback will probably be the next custodian of it.

After sorting Chuck's 205 I disassembled a vice I had purchased.
One jaw was missing and the screws to hold the jaw were missing too. I couldn't find anything of the correct thread so I drilled out the holes and tapped to M8.

I have some steel that should make a suitable jaw from so that will happen over the coming months/years.

IMG_20190731_150209538.thumb.jpg.135efef0daec3f68eed80339422cfa31.jpg

IMG_20190731_150204503.thumb.jpg.0eeb1191f9053db699f1d32e49247b3d.jpg

Really well put together so should be worth the effort.

With a bit of time off and a soon to change work pattern I am having a tidy up at the workshop.

First load.

IMG_20190812_133106880_HDR.thumb.jpg.c60fb529bcfd267da152f0c94fbb417a.jpg

This is after the first load.

IMG_20190812_133118274.thumb.jpg.c9da0269e7cb875a236f3c8704d659f3.jpg

Second load

IMG_20190812_150957264_HDR.thumb.jpg.1415cd6c5bba330001aaff9cfe46d0bc.jpg

Some slightly better positioning and strapping occurred when it was on the flat.

After, quite a bit of room back and I can now get the rest of the rubbish to the tip in the car.

IMG_20190812_150949290.thumb.jpg.630fba83eadbf4eb76af22a03af3c142.jpg

After this Operation Toledo shall be put in action.

31 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

What i would give to have a workshop like that

I literally gave many thousands for it.

26 minutes ago, 320touring said:

Looks awwffa empty in there...

Good work!

Don't start ;)

1 minute ago, Jim Bell said:

THERES SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!!!

Just got to try and keep it that way, I've been here before...