Renault floppytop for swappage, or sale, possibly

Jazoli

I bought this in October for the missus as mentioned in this thread http://autoshite.com/topic/21991-new-floppytop-shite/?hl=floppytop

However she has stolen my Focus as she has lots of long motorway driving to do which was unforseen so I have been driving this around, I don't like it, I have to wear a hat in case anybody recognises me in it and I'm getting the piss taken out of me at work by my staff.

2d678103b4ba41e0bf268d09aa193f8d.jpg

So does anybody want to swap it for a 'normal' car?

It stops starts and steers, it looks ok from 10 feet away and is very shiny but its covered in lots of parking dents and scratches, don't expect a nice tranquil cabin, it rattles crashes and bangs over bumps like any 15 year old french cabriolet, I can't hear any untoward noises from anything else.

Its got aftermarket alloys with tyres with plenty of tread, they are not in great condition though. also bonus red brake calipers for OMGEXTRA10BHP

The best bit is the electric hood, it works faultlessly, is in great condition with no rips or marks, I have treated it with that renovo stuff too, we have had torrential rain over the last week and the interior is dry apart from a little puddle in the door handle.

Everything works bar the a/c, the heater fan only blows on position 1 or MAX but its very good, it also has an aftermarket cd/mp3 player with aux input

Its mot'd till July 2016 and will have get you home tax

Will consider most cars petrol or diesel, I don't want anything that is going to cost £400 odd a year to tax, I'm in Kendal, Cumbria

2244cb9163dc95acbdf45fcbabce22d3.jpg

Found it!

http://autoshite.com/topic/22119-project-mondy/

Needs the handbrake sorting. Popular consensus on here is that a caliper twiddle should sort it. The new caliper rewind tool will come with it. The replacement Ford CD player unit will also come with it. I haven't had the chance to fit it yet. It is actually a very clean and tidy car. My mate was going to borrow it but he is struggling to get insurance sorted. 

Mind you he did do this: 

031_zpsdkddalaa.jpg

Now I have the Sierra I have one too many Fords and I have no real reason to keep the Mondeo despite it being a rather nice car.

So after another week of having to drive this thing it's going as I don't like it and I want my car back

Good bits:
Looks good, nice and shiny
Hood is in fab condition and works.
All the electrics work.
Has long mot
Starts first time
Averages 36mpg on my 20 mile back road commute

Bad bits:
It rides and handles like a cabrio wearing 40 section tyres
Needs the tracking doing
Heavy clutch which groans occasionally when cold.
A wheel bearing is whining a bit
Plenty of tread on the tyres but they are not in great shape.
Lots of parking dings and scratches, lots of stonechips on the bonnet, there are a couple of cigarette burns on the seats
It has a bit of bubbling at the bottom of the osr wheel arch and will probably need a small patch on the sill below the drivers door next July for mot.

Would still be interested in any thing reasonably sensible, could add a couple of hundred for something moar expensive

Stop it!  This looks rather nice in an itch-scratching sort of way.  It's probably a good thing that I have so little money, and am now down to just the Saab for Shiting purposes.

Even I can't keep up with what's been happenning in my fleet this year!

• 2 weeks later...