1976 Ford Transit been offered

25v6turbo

I,ve been offered a dark blue 1600cc Transit today,51k 2 owners lots of paperwork,its a panel van and has no side windows etc,a bit tatty but still presentable,how much is it worth??,the seller isn,t sure but hes had it years,and serviced it when new,its not oil painting but not uglylooks like this one on E-bay(shames its not as clean!)170303268637

Shit that white one is cheap! The early ones go for more, and that's a tidy example. The bad news is I seem to remember 1976 is not a good year for rust. Took so many parts off P regs I could have legitimately changed the number plates on me 74! It was something to do with the steel strikes in the early 70s, they got naff steel in from the third world and it rusted like it had been stored in an estuary. Also P reg (obviously) is not tax exempt, which detracts a bit. If it has T&T I would say about the £800-1000 mark, depending on the dreaded tip worm....

Securicor Jersey were still using an armoured mk1 Transit cash van circa 93 when I did Project Trident work experience there, it lasted outrageously long and may even have seen out the decade. Dont know what happened to it ultimately (assuming theyve got rid!) perhaps its now delivering shop takings to a bank in Africa somewhere. :)