Renault Laguna, Y reg. But why, Reg?

scaryoldcortina

Trays Bonbons recommission so far. You could sell some of the rare items rattling around the interior at your local car boot sale, no? You'd need to park the car back in the same place first though, for maximum irony.

Do you want a missing 'U'? I have the 'Laguna' badge in a draw here. Yours if you want it.

Is it bad that the first thing I spot is that Laguna is actually 'ANAL GU' after a subtle shuffle...

Sir, I salute you.

The Laguna II is a fucking brilliant* car and the slagging it gets ensures it'll be a regular on these pages over the years.

Isn't it funny how a car not starting has gone from dizzy cap and fuel mixture issues to the angle of insertation of the plastic.

Have fun, Laguna ownership is always that.

Day one update. (Day one of it being taxed that is)

It started. It drove. It convinced me it would make it to Durham to meet a train.

20151201_134835.jpg

HA!! There is oil in the sump and it didn't explode even though I drove another 30 miles this afternoon with the STOP light illuminated. One more thing to fix.

That's why they're so keen on you using the right font, it's got square bits and sticky out bits and different sized bits so you can tell Bs from 8s and 5s from Ss.

Wasn't a problem before they changed plate layout as you were almost always guaranteed to get the right plate if you knew the format, but this is a perfect example of how the new format changed that.

There's a point. ANPR would only have to mis-read that 8 as a B and it comes up as a Transit Connect.

Just imagine......some mischievous kid could put a strip of insulation tape on that 8 and you might not notice for months.

Would save time on parking appeals too

They are really nice cars to be in though, so long as you give the DCI nonsense a miss then you may (likely not) drop on. They've got such a bad press you could turn up with beer money in your hand and take one away.

Brought a cheap Laguna 11. Check. Make sure we didn't buy a DCI. Oh bugger.

Gotta say though I agree there nice cars to cruise along in just if anybody thinking of daring to buying one then please do your homework and really check it over. Especially the rear suspension bushes and that the key itself works correctly. Or in case of the Estate like are one is that the rear wiper works as that stops the hatch from shutting and the rear switches work as it all gets pricey rather quickly. 

I'm watching a pile of them on Ebay. A really nice looking V6 one sold for £195 a few hours ago!

The V6 is shared with Peugeot & Citroen and is a decent reliable engine on the whole. Just needs expensive cambelt changes and spare coil packs.  If I remember correctly the Laguna V6 is badermatic only. Go for the next one.

Love this thread, keep it coming. dCi with an oil light on, you're pushing your luck like a true hero.

The V6 Laguna II is one of my favourite cars EVA.

It has variable power steering, a great* auto box and 210bhp - makes it very different to every other Laguna.

I have a V6 Dynamique - lowest trim level you could get the V6 in. And it's n/a silver so surprises plenty when the boot goes down

post-5127-0-88022000-1449143316_thumb.jpg

post-5127-0-95018800-1449143340_thumb.jpg