Renault Laguna, Y reg. But why, Reg?

scaryoldcortina

Not sure if you know this and may be teaching on how to suck eggs, but did you know as a garage (independent repair agent) you have a right, under EU law, to access Renault technical info? I.e. wiring diagrams, fault finding, part lists/diagrams, service manuals, etc, etc.

Renaults website for this is: http://infotech.renault.com/fo/accueil.action

It's not as expensive as you imagine. Certainly if you need it to help trouble-shoot a difficult job and can build it into the cost.

Package Price

1 hour 8 €

1 day 22 €

1 week 96 €

1 month 326 €

1 year 3192 €

Not quite sure what would stop someone from just going through and downloading everything from there in one hit! I'm no lawyer, but I can't see anything in the T&C's stopping someone? :P

Thought I'd say, as I really don't know how widely known this is and I don't often hear people mentioning it.

Good to know. I'm used to sketchy tech info and figuring it out myself. I rocked at black box problems in college! I'll let you know what the gearbox switch does when I get to it.

Went to see a film this evening, it didn't misbehave.

I love that - what's driving it? Not quite clear from the photos on my crappy phone

It's an Arduino. I got bored yesterday and there was one just lying there. Everything else came out of the random bag o'parts.

Voice activation. Get it to listen out for "oh for fucks sake" and reset.

Good idea! Having a switch on the steering wheel for when I bang my head on it in frustration would also work.

It's an Arduino. I got bored yesterday and there was one just lying there. Everything else came out of the random bag o'parts.

Good idea! Having a switch on the steering wheel for when I bang my head on it in frustration would also work.

Ahh Arduino - love those and did my final year project at Uni based on one (home energy monitoring / remote control of appliances before everyone was doing it)

I was watching a Lau 2 V6 on LPG with a smoky engine on eBay. No bids but even I couldn't stomach the risk.

I was too! I guess it was this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161955081680

Now these do leak from the rocker covers and cause a lot of smoke from the oil getting everywhere. Easy fix, just use instant gasket to seal it back up.

So I messaged the seller to see where the smoke was coming from. His response:

The smoke is coming out of the exhaust

The smoke is white and smells like oil burning

I reckon the LPG system has borked the engine. It was running too lean and melted+damaged stuff internally is what I put my money on. I wouldn't want one with that problem even if it was free.

You can't really diagnose from that. It could be as simple as an overfilled engine filling the cat with oil, or it could be a melted engine. Or anything in between tbh because renault.

Anyway, I took the laptop out and did you some ADB logcats.

20160202_142952.jpg

Fresh install of ohnorenault on a different android that's never had torque installed. BT pairs up, click connect in the app, select device then "Failed to connect to the OBD tool".

droidlog.txt

Took the tablet back into the house, installed Torque, ran another log. Torque connects and reads fine.

droidlog1.txt

PM me an email address and I'll send you the logs. Files added! I can't see any difference between them tbh. I did notice that the adapter doesn't identify its type and the tablet tries multiple protocols to get it to connect but in both logs it eventually does RFCOMM and talks to it. After that, I dunno. Plenty of "D/BluetoothDevicePreference(  942): Is my device connected::false" messages even after it's logging data to Torque. Wierd