Renault Laguna, Y reg. But why, Reg?

scaryoldcortina

Hi,

not bad at all.

Those key card readers can be fixed easily - it is a common fault... Here is a tutorial in Spanish.

Daniel

That is class, a German telling a Yorkshireman in Spanish how to fix a French car.

Fuck you, ISIS, you hear me? FUCK YOU!

Keycard problem was a faulty cardreader. Thankfully these are all the same and the scrapyard isn't short of lagunas.

20151124_151449.jpg

Fixed for a fiver.

20151124_152005.jpg

Revcounter - when it says 3000, the OBD port says...

Screenshot_2015-11-24-15-19-42.png

So it reads right, but the redline is 2k lower than it should be. I can live with that.

I also found the radio code, and dropped the punctured tyre off with my tame tyre fitter.

20151124_152017.jpg

Next job is to throw away all the old takeaway wrappers and broken CDs and give it a good clean inside.

clocks_zpsy5xew2qk.jpg

Petrol clocks are 7k redline as shown here.

This is what makes Autoshite what it is, a FREE car that's escaped death by a gnat's cock and is currently running up and down this wonderful country's motorways and little lanes giving a massive 'FUCK YOU' to all the wankers in the financed BMW's and Arrrghdis. I bet even old pig-fancier Cameron stares open-mouthed when he sees this triumph of budget motoring waft past. ISIS are shitting themselves, no suicide bomber would dare to damage the bodywork on this beauty.

Long may Y804 FEF live on!

Beating the system and winning at life.

Having read this thread, I've just given the 18 year old me a bollocking.  Back in 1999 I was offered an Allegro which had been left in a car park for 7 months.  Unfortunately I was suffering with a severe bout of CBA and never took the keys.

It was dog shit brown with MOT from memory.

After trying to read the fucking dismal failure to collect or not collect the Renault 20 because the editor of the Sun says we should all stay indoors because of the Muslamics, this has made my day reading this. Can we have more of this per-leese. I am leaning towards doing more car shizzle again as am bored of the house now.

More exciting* progress!

The flat tyre from the boot is unsaveable. Because the slow punctured one also looks a bit ropey I've ordered a couple of part worns which should be here on friday.

Radio code works, all speakers are broken. This may be something to do with the many clubland/hardcore CDs I found.

20151125_152821.jpg

Plenty of rubbish in the boot - Can of tyreweld I hadn't spotted earlier, broken emergency beacon and large box with two front struts in it. I also found a new wiper blade, right size for the passenger side which is knackered. Driver's side has a new blade already. See if you can guess why it wasn't fitted....

20151125_152515.jpg

I also noticed this series of strange dents along the roof - they seem to be roughly fist shaped and run from just forward of the B post down towards the back. Hmmmm.

20151125_153033.jpg

There U are! Carpet is really minging. Baccy, dog hair, sweets etc. Hoover time.

Driver's seat jammed while I was moving it to hoover, turned out to be an easy fix. 20p best coin for french car faults.

20151125_160237.jpg

Still need to clean down the plastics but it's far less minging now.

20151125_160555.jpg

20151125_161348.jpg

Planning to tax it on tuesday.

Yeah, I laughed when I found that. It's actually Auto Extreme Tyre Fix and priced at 99p so chances of it working probably slim at best.

I've given Mrs S the tyre pump as a present, she's having fun cleaning and polishing it which is also distracting her from the yet another car situation.

This is the greatest fred on here for ages.

Bear in mind that, just because it's only got diesel clocks in doesn't mean that Renault didn't fit glowplugs somewhere. You'll probably get the STOP warning come on at some point and you'll trace it to a defective tape speed regulator in the Tatung VCR you put in your attic.