Halfords Black Friday sales.

Tickman

I got an email about their 'Black Friday' deals which appear to be starting today and have 8 more days to go!

Not sure if the marketing department understands the whole concept of 'Black Friday' however I like their tools and today only they have this:

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-170-piece-socket-ratchet-spanner-set?cm_re=homeslides-_-Slide+2-_-170pc

I have one of these, I paid more using the trade card and I still think I got good value for money.

Either way If it saves someone cash it is worth the heads up.

I will be checking each day to see if there is anything I want but cannot afford  :-D

John

I want some ratchet spanners but I'll be buggered if Im paying even £50 for a set.

Aldi ones were a tenner, mate

Ratchet spanners aren't as useful as you think they're going to be.

they have their moments

That rather depends on the origin of the vehicle you need to be turning spanners on....

X1/9 handbrake adjustment springs to mind

I've used ratchet spanners that skip a tooth if you lean on them too much. Probably great for winding a nut onto a bolt with a ratchet and socket the other side, then tweak said nut up with something else, but I found them a bit meh.

Still would if I had £100 though!

I got an email about their 'Black Friday' deals which appear to be starting today and have 8 more days to go!

Not sure if the marketing department understands the whole concept of 'Black Friday' however I like their tools and today only they have this:

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-170-piece-socket-ratchet-spanner-set?cm_re=homeslides-_-Slide+2-_-170pc

I have one of these, I paid more using the trade card and I still think I got good value for money.

Either way If it saves someone cash it is worth the heads up.

I will be checking each day to see if there is anything I want but cannot afford  :-D

John

Bullshit that set was not £250 and reduced by £150 just for today, i have that very set i bought last year for £125 which at the time was advertised as reduced form £175.. as always Black Friday is a Steeple day where shite on shelves is sold to moron with wide eyes and deep pockets

Ratchet spanners aren't as useful as you think they're going to be.

Best tools I've ever bought. Use mine loads, and wonder how I did without them, sometimes. I bought the Halfords ones for about £45, and wasn't expecting that much from them. I was surprised.