Should I sell something without the V5?

Fabergé Greggs

1 hour ago, lesapandre said:

Its a balence of risks - the missing V5 might be trying to hide something. Sounds worth a miss.

Probably previous cat c but at that price point totally irrelevant. Common trick is just too offer the green slip section as cat c isn't mentioned there. If it went for a Vic check then it will game the cat marker available on the dvla website. 

"Criminal offence" not to sell a car  without a logbook? That must be a "bloke down the pub" story as in 25 years of buying and selling I've never heard that one!!! 

Easiest thing if the car is sans v5c is as suggested above, get the current owner to apply or even the po as it arrives really quickly or as also suggested, take a photo of the logbooks and save to your phone, the magic numbers are all you need. 

Is a bit easier for me living in Swansea as you can actually still go to the dvla main office and they will reluctantly fill in the new keeper form for you even if you haven't got the logbook and tax it there and then for you but they hate to do it and make all sorts of excuses. Crying and desperation seem to help get it done. If the PO has "disposed" of their interests in it online then that makes the whole process a lot easier. It can be done by post as well but they never rush such things. 

Is that the only regional office left open you can visit? The nearest to me was in an office block in Sidcup.  But long gone.

Interestingly it was next door to a building designed by Owen Luder...he of the Get Carter Gateshead Car Park - now demolished - the Sidcup building survives.

The DVLA office next door now converted (nastily) to residential.

20200927_140628.jpg

I did not realised the DVLA was quite such a groovy affair either - 1969 built - as part of the regionalism promoted by Tony Benn to spread government offices to areas of unemployment. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/gallery/20-pictures-tell-story-dvla-8804551

A shot I could not resist posting.

20200927_142251.jpg