Halfwit Goes 200mph Probz Thinks It's A Larf

UmBongo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34744459

_86548110_shaundavis_audi.jpg

This guy has moved up in the world. He used to have  a Golf.

He looks like one of those wannabe gangsters to me. A complete and utter welt who will probably be out within twelve months.

High post count on Pistonheads, apparently.

I'm not defending the guy but I really don't like this quote from IAM.

"Director of policy and research Neil Greig, said: "You simply cannot control a vehicle at that kind of speed on a normal road - he would have been covering about three miles a minute."

I'm willing to bet the videos shows him controlling the car at 192mph using the steering wheel and pedals in the same way that you control a car at lower speeds.

He lives in Rushden so it is understandable that he would wish to leave that webbed fingered den of iniquity* at great velocity.

If its the part of the A45 i think it is, going towards the A6 roundabout then its quite a decent straight with vood visibility, still no excuses for going that speed on it.

* obviously Alf isnt included in this, he must come from Higham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34744459

_86548110_shaundavis_audi.jpg

This guy has moved up in the world. He used to have  a Golf.

He looks like one of those wannabe gangsters to me. A complete and utter welt who will probably be out within twelve months.

High post count on Pistonheads, apparently.

He may not be out in 12 months..........http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/group-accused-of-running-drug-money-laundering-gang-across-northamptonshire-appear-in-court-1-6847952

Looked like 194 to me, but I've just woken up after having a very tiring dream. You have to wonder at the sheer microbrained stupidity of this dopey twat. Firstly for travelling at those speeds on public roads anyway, secondly for filming himself doing it and keeping the evidence.

Gormless looking cunt.

I'm not defending the guy but I really don't like this quote from IAM.

"Director of policy and research Neil Greig, said: "You simply cannot control a vehicle at that kind of speed on a normal road - he would have been covering about three miles a minute."

I'm willing to bet the videos shows him controlling the car at 192mph using the steering wheel and pedals in the same way that you control a car at lower speeds.

Sorry I don't agree with that. I drove my friends BMW M5 on the autobahn 10 years ago,and believe me cars react totally differently at that speed. A gentle bend requires so much more input to make it round. Add to the fact there's other road users. I shudder to think that my wife and daughter could be travelling the same road. personally I would ban him for life. What a grade a cunt.

I'm not defending the guy,it is massively stupid especially filming it. BUT the punishment is a bit scary, as a motorcyclist I know how easy it is to reach these sort of speeds in a moment of madness on a deserted private* Road....

Hmmm...I'll agree it's easy to wander over the speed limit in a moment of carelessness, but 190mph+ is a dog of a different colour completely, you have to be really trying to hit those speeds.

WRT the sentence, I suspect the police & courts knew he was a wrong 'un and took the opportunity to get him out of circulation. Wasn't Al Capone originally originally locked up for jaywalking or summat??

Hmmm...I'll agree it's easy to wander over the speed limit in a moment of carelessness, but 190mph+ is a dog of a different colour completely, you have to be really trying to hit those speeds.

WRT the sentence, I suspect the police & courts knew he was a wrong 'un and took the opportunity to get him out of circulation. Wasn't Al Capone originally originally locked up for jaywalking or summat??

No ill agree 200 takes some effort. 70 to 150 on the ZZR is far too easy though, nd that's definitely license losing territory

Apart from being a twat for driving at that speed, doing it with your daughter in the car is unforgivable and he deserves a tattoo on the forehead saying "I'm a complete cunt". Undoubtedly he'll get mucho kudos in gaol as he'll probably be seen as some kind of hero. The state of society today......................

I have personally managed 165 mph in a Lexus LS430 (I'm not saying where), and Oh look, no kittens are dead, no children are decapitated and the world didn't suddenly stop and all the people explode!

So following your logic, Russian Roulette is perfectly safe because I know someone that survived it??

Well at least he has proof  he has done it (age old thing of no pics no proof)! So what he did nearly 200 mph in  whatever car it was he managed it in! Good on him, he paid for the car and the petrol to do it (I hope) ... if he can control the car at that speed then the only problem would be the tosser that decides to pull out on him at 50 mph when he is doing that  speed!

I have personally managed 165 mph in a Lexus LS430 (I'm not saying where), and Oh look, no kittens are dead, no children are decapitated and the world didn't suddenly stop and all the people explode! 

I wish people on here would stop frikking complaining so loudly about speeding, some of you are hypocrites anyway. Flaming others about speeding and then posting comedically about doing it yourself! ROFL

Everyone speed at some point in their life, it's to what degree and how often that makes the difference, I mean look at all those traffic officers racing around on the A roads and motorways at above 100 mph stupid maniacs?? No they get praised for "enforcing" the law, and the way they speed around most of the time when not on call outs makes them more of a risk than any of us are!

Disagree completely

"The only problem would be the tosser that decides to pull out on him at 50 mph when he is doing that speed!"

Would you expect a vehicle travelling at 284ft a second when you pull onto a road? At that sort of speed, by the tine "the tosser" has realised what's going on, the Audi driver will have gone through his car and likely killed the occupants of both vehicles and taken out whichever poor sod happens to be in the other lane as well.

Everybody speeds but doing 120mph on the motorway once in a while is nothing compared to that fucking moron.

Nearly 200 mph on a public highway is a completely twattish thing to do, end of.

If I walk around randomly firing a gun in a public space but 'didn't actually hit anyone this time' so no one died, is that alright?

Go to a track day or something if you want to achieve those speeds.

120mph or 190mph is still speeding ... So your saying it's o.k to do 120mph now??? My car doesn't even go that fast lol! If you want 100mph it's rather loud about it. I use the drag strip for speeding like an idiot anyway ... Proof is on this very forum. Speed is addictive, I personally have the view that people travelling at 45mph on the motorway is more dangerous than a person travelling at nearly 200mph

Really? Are lorries dangerous on the motorway?

Course it's not okay to do 120mph. As you said, speeding is speeding and the punishments are well known if you do but looking at it sensibly, if speeding is your thing then a motorway is probably more sensible than an A-road.

45mph on a motorway is dodgy but is it really more dangerous than 200mph? Speed is addictive but if you're as addicted as that bloke do a track day or something.

Better yet, go drag racing and fail to attain the NSL over 1/4 mile... ;)

And to receive my hypocrite badge, Les Tin Des Bisquites has so far attained a terrifying 85mph.

Why do people act like the speed limit is a safe speed? the 70 mph limit was picked out of the air in 1965 as a test. Using figures which did not include weather conditions which were better during the test, the government fudged the figures to "prove" it was safer at lower speeds even when most vehicles then on the road could not even achieve more than the maximum. no prizes for guessing which political party this was..... The only safe speed is the one which is suitable for the road and conditions. It is perfectly safe to drive at 200mph if the road/ motorway is empty and weather conditions are perfect in a car designed to reach those speeds.

On the flip side there are 60mph limit single lane roads where doing more than 20 would be considered suicidal.

Drive to the road and conditions people and either keep to the limit or accept you might kill nuns and kittens....

200 mph is a bit quick, but it's not the speed that is the problem.

The ability to travel quickly from one place to another was the main advance the Industrial revolution gave us.

The UK is lumbered with its idiotic blanket 70 mph limit because of two things. The Daily Mail going mad about AC Cobras being tested at 170 mph on the M1 in the early 60s (when the average car was barely capable of 80 mph), and a non-driving Labour transport minister introducing the blanket limit "as a temporary measure" during a fuel crisis.

I've driven thousands of miles around Europe where the limit is more often than not 81 mph on the motorways. It is as safe as any journey in a car can ever be. My head didn't explode upon setting the cruise control to 80 mph, or to 130 mph in Germany.

Doing 130 for hour after hour across Germany is a nice way to travel. More relaxing than doing 70 here because European motorists have a lot more lane discipline than the UK does. It's the dreadful lane discipline in the UK that makes our roads horrible to drive on, not people speeding.