It could have bloody worked - cars which could have been...

Dick Longbridge

I quite like the idea of a Doloshite estate, but the rear end tapers and it'd make the load area very narrow, if you followed the original roofline it'd also end up very low like the Rover P6 Estoura.

I did my own Photoshop a while back, sadly I think it merely cements the Dolomite as being a mid 60s design still being churned out 10 years later. I'd probably have one, but I'm a certified Dolomoron...

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/captain_70s/Dolomite/Dollyestate.jpg~original

You'll have to make do with a link as apparently I'm "not allowed to use that image extension on this community.".

Dollyestate.jpg

The tapering roof version looks more modern (but less practical), whereas your version looks more 1960'sesq but at home down Dobbies.

The Lotus M90. A project for a kid brother to the Esprit and Excel. The paltry £1 million needed for development couldn't be found....It took until the M100 Elan for Lotus to come up with a viable small sports car. In the meantime another small roadster had cleaned up....

post-18107-0-42327300-1447108575_thumb.jpg

post-18107-0-64243600-1447108879_thumb.jpg

When Car first published that Lotus Eminence picture I thought it was another spoof scoop like The Opera, which was an April Fools joke in about 77/78. Does anyone else remember that, I started reading it,thinking it was real, even with its central mounted Diesel engine and diamond layout wheels.

Back then it was probably more believable than if you said Volkswagen would one day own Bentley and make diesel 4x4s.

nissan-bluebird-zx-e--06.jpg

nissan-bluebird-zx-e--05.jpg

They look like familiar images.....

Not much 'could have been' about this one, it was just another variant of the T12 series but never sold in the UK. A couple came through Nissan UK as part of the Type Approval process, which I believe covered all European markets. Some were sold in Norway, don't know where else.

I must admit that when I first saw the red car I thought it was some sort of conversion. It is believed that it may still exist.

aafl9pucxhkozowcqdmk.jpg

However, it's a clone, and there are others.

The genuine Riviera prototype made by Pininfarina was shown for the last time at the Barcelona Salon in May 1972

and disappeared afterwards never to be seen again.

pops up for sale sale every so often, usually ridicolously overpriced. Certainly a lot of work has been spent to create this, but why was a series 2 coupé used as base? The original pinifarina prototype was from 1971, years before the 1974 facelift. Now both front and rear lights, door handles and many other details are incorrect, so its not even a proper clone.

Check my site for more infor about the Riviera: http://504cc.de/de/modellgeschichte/504-riviera

riviera_paris.jpg

Riviera_Foto_02.jpg

Riviera_Foto_09.jpg

The Lotus M90. A project for a kid brother to the Esprit and Excel. The paltry £1 million needed for development couldn't be found....It took until the M100 Elan for Lotus to come up with a viable small sports car. In the meantime another small roadster had cleaned up....

post-18107-0-42327300-1447108575.jpg

£1m? I'm sure they could have done it for less. Reliant did.

reliant-scimitar-S1083721-4.jpg