The 405 News

Junkman

The idea is not to break the silver Diesel. It will get the greyish interior and all the trim pieces that aren't 100% perfect from my green one,

thus evolve into a good workhorse/dog carrier (the current seats in my car smell of dog and sadly I have a slight dog allergy) for as long

as it's still legal to operate old Diesels.

It shall then be roffled, but since it's a Peugeot, I want to do it based on the French "Loto", which proudly remains 6 out of 49.

But I'd be open to offers, of course.

The solution to this is simple: don't rob the diesel 405 of all the nice bits, just replace the petrol one with it. Then drive around secure in the knowledge that you have a far superior engine underneath the bonnet, all the while laughing at drivers of fancy modern commonrail units with their tiny power bands and death rattle soundtrack.

Diesels stink and are shit.

The first part is definitely true. I'm still not used to driving around in something that recreates accurately the smell of a 1980s bus station.

The second part is also largely true with some notable exceptions that take the rule and bury it. The old Peugeot diesels are certainly in the latter catagory.

I found a late 80s 405 Brochure yesterday for a £1 in a "antique" shop in Stow on the Wold, it's now reminded me that i want a 405 at some point again.

That reminds me, didn't someone gere find a late unregistered Silver 405 outside some unoccupied posh offices on some business park? I have pics somewhere....

Edit, here we go, wonder whatever happened to it;

6009190001_172b701931_b.jpg

6009739530_a92dc89b65_b.jpg

Pics courtesy of Billy_Medhurst (formally: rootes_arrow1750)

That reminds me, didn't someone gere find a late unregistered Silver 405 outside some unoccupied posh offices on some business park? I have pics somewhere....

Edit, here we go, wonder whatever happened to it;

Pics courtesy of Billy_Medhurst (formally: rootes_arrow1750)

It's an Iranian 405, I wonder why it ended up here.

The idea is not to break the silver Diesel. It will get the greyish interior and all the trim pieces that aren't 100% perfect from my green one,

thus evolve into a good workhorse/dog carrier (the current seats in my car smell of dog and sadly I have a slight dog allergy) for as long

as it's still legal to operate old Diesels.

It shall then be roffled, but since it's a Peugeot, I want to do it based on the French "Loto", which proudly remains 6 out of 49.

But I'd be open to offers, of course.

That's my kind of plan!  And don't forget to keep the illuminated vanity mirrors, variable wash/wipe stalk!  STDT was even higher specced than the Executive with its electric seats too.

Who would want a diesel when you can have the luxury of Peugeot's torquey 2.0 petrol with the luxury of an automatic (with cruise control.)

Who would want a diesel when you can have the luxury of Peugeot's torquey 2.0 petrol with the luxury of an automatic (with cruise control.)

peugeot-405-td-01.jpg

✓Will run in the aftermath of an electromagnetic pulse attack.

✓Burns beef drippings, liposuction fat, acne grease, etc.

✓Ready for the apocalypse

First the bad news - someone snatched the silver one away from under my nose. The not so bad news are that I was able to score two headlight washer jets and covers.

The really bad news are, that nothing works.

My assumption always was, that the plug being pulled off the headlight washer pump has been done so the water isn't pumped straight out of the holes in the front bumper each time the washers are applied. However, today it revealed itself, that there is actually no electrickery arriving at the plug at all. And no, I'm not too daft to know that this would only happen whenthe washer is applied with the headlights actually being switched on.

So, no nice green interior with electric front seats and no headlight washers without some tedious troubleshooting the electrics.

Scheiße mit Ei.