The 405 News

Junkman

I fucking love 405s, so many fond memories. The last one my dad had was a metallic grey saloon 2.0 bader in STI trim. I seem to remember it being one up from the GTX (wooden door trims!) but it had velour seats. Am I right in thinking it was replaced by the executive in later years?

I fucking love 405s, so many fond memories. The last one my dad had was a metallic grey saloon 2.0 bader in STI trim. I seem to remember it being one up from the GTX (wooden door trims!) but it had velour seats. Am I right in thinking it was replaced by the executive in later years?

You certainly are.  There was a gap in 1994 between the STI finishing and the Exec being introduced when they didn't really have a top spec 405.

Well bought Mr Junkman.  Further proof of the remarkable value of these cars in petrol/auto flavour.  40,000 miles!  Don't know what you paid for it as it's now disappeared off ebay but was only on £350 last time I looked.  

And did you notice this was listed a couple of months ago with a rather wonderful wheelchair adaption on the roof, swiveling seat and hand controls?  He took it all off and re-listed it but all that stuff cost over £3 apparently and seemed to hinder its sale prospects not enhance them!

What's going to happen with L81 VRW now then?

two high profile shiters end up with high spec 405 estates on the same day, one has leather ,the other velour. What could possibly happen?

Time for my 405 reminisces , I had a company 1.9 GRi for about a year, F685 MNM. It was an odd spec and the list was the same as an SRi, just with velour and no boot spoiler.

For some reason known only to my immature self , I changed the boot badges for GLD ones, this was when diesels were expected to be slow remember. I lost count of the number of well meaning people in petrol stations , shouting " Wrong pump! " to me.

To this day I think it's probably the best Girl Wheel Drive car I've driven, and it could be put into Driftgod*mode with a dab of left foot brake without the inevitable visit to A&E that would mean in a 205GTi.

I also towed a big fuckoff 16' Bessecar caravan with it, an old glass windows and oak cupboards type.

The only problem in my ' ownership' was the boot lid smashing the back window, caused by a little rubber stop falling off.

Swapped it for a BXTZi estate , totally different animal ,less refined but faster than the Pug- must be all that plastic. Looked safer with the caravan on it though- note I say looked, it never felt as stable.

And did you notice this was listed a couple of months ago with a rather wonderful wheelchair adaption on the roof, swiveling seat and hand controls?  He took it all off and re-listed it but all that stuff cost over £3 apparently and seemed to hinder its sale prospects not enhance them!

Oh, this was that one? I can't find that auction... I want to see that picture of the swivel seat again.