NEC show 13-15 Nov

oldcars

I'll have (for the first and probably last time) a car on the Fiat/Panda motor club stand. It's the red Panda with velour Alfa seats and 15" period Lancia Rims so bit of an Hitalian Hybrid.

Probably be skulking about around anything 70's 80's or 90's, or trying to find somewhere to sit where coffee isn't a fiver.

Driving the wee beastie home after the show on Sunday so got a couple of nights booked at Lenny Henry's gaffe.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for fellow shitters, I'll be wearing a huge panda face tshirt and the pained look of a Yorkshireman who's just been handed a large bill.

Last year I got very good, reasonably priced coffee without the big queues at a coffee place amongst the stands that had a shiny converted 3 wheeler Vespa van thingy with coffee making facilities in the back.

I know it will be like looking for a needle in 5 halls of haystacks but, as with real life, Definitely worth avoiding the big places and searching out the little guys*.

*all based on the assumption that I make it to the show, will be the first long run in the 924 since head gasket work and I'm not back to full confidence yet.

I'm here. A few photos on https://www.facebook.com/LobsterDiecast/

As for the parking - I've not seen any changes to how it has been previously. No pre-pay barriers. I was parked in one of the North car parks and there was nobody on the gate at 8pm when we left.

Not saying that are all like that but certainly no change where I was.

I've been today and it really was a cracking show with far too much to see in one day. Parking at the station now £9 so DW's tip to train it in looks best bet. Park at Marston Green station for free £2 return for the 3-minute trip to birmingham International adjacent to the NEC.

As for the show, it was great to see that later classics (late 80's and early 90's) stuff was well represented. The cars for sale section lets you get up close with some really great stuff, DB5 my highlight.

Really well attended today for "preview" day but the mint MG Maestro Turbo, one family owned FIAT Strada Abarth, stunning carlton gsi3000 and cav turbo 4x4 and being able to get up close to a Porka 959 sport made it very worthwhile. Whatever your tastes, you won't be disappointed. On a side note was delighted that Fuzz Townsend is a nicer a bloke in real life than as he comes across on the telly. May yet try to get back on Sunday!

Only took a few pics as I was like a kid at Christmas but here they are:

post-10228-0-80632200-1447445179_thumb.jpg

post-10228-0-63232900-1447445201_thumb.jpg

post-10228-0-22714500-1447445217_thumb.jpg

I am sat here drinking coffee sulking! :mad:

In previous years I have displayed at the show so got a freebee ticket and or knew a few folks and obtained a free pass... having been a grumpy fucker for so long now I don't tend to speak to those folks who might have freebees. No matter I thought I will just pay on the day!

£23 fucking quid, Plus Parking £12 and £5 for a piss tasting coffee, so thats £40 to walk in the hall and have some piss thrown at me....

Jesus I could get several Roffle tickets for that and years of fun!  :-D

Best to go on Friday I'd say, as the crowds were just about bearable yesterday. I got talking to a bloke on the Daimler stand who gave me some useful info for mine, not at all stuck up like some of the posh car folk you get. They had a Daimler Double Six on the stand that was William Lyons' own car for a period, bloody lovely thing.

Trouble is it's stoked me up, I want more Jags now. Seeing the XJ-S 40th didn't help matters!

For some reason a Healey Abbott Drophead Coupe was one of my favourites. Not heard of them before and it was in good condition but not lacking a bit of patinated charm. I think it was this one, nice back story too. Can't get a bigger pic as flickr is an arsewipe on this tablet I'm using.

post-5013-0-35050400-1447521215_thumb.jpeg