Austin Maxi 1750

Guest Old_Fart

The diesel Maxi suffered  DMF & DPF issues which affected sales, so this version was killed off early on - shame really. :-(  oh what could have been etc 

After BMW bought BL and discovered all the surplus bosch ECU's left over from diesel Maxi  project, they realised they were shit , so flogged them off cheap to Volkswagen

I have long had a sneaky desite to pro-street a Maxi. Cut the body off the floor pan and space-frame it, small block chevy, 350 transmission, narrowed Volvo rear axle, you get the picture.

Leave it looking fairly stock on the outside (big rear tyres not withstanding) and then smoke about in it laughing at the flat cappers. I suspect the 5.7l engine would lend itself to towing duties quite well although obvs the fuel consumption would suffer

Funnily enough, I have recently attended a couple of drift meetings at the Ty Croes circuit here on Anglesey.

This has given me the idea of building an Austin Maxi for drifting purposes. I may have to go as far as to completely swap the chassis for the Nissan S specification one, once that's done, it would be a simple matter of removing items such as the wood dashboard to save weight. Then I'll be the new Vin Diesel (with the emphasis on the Diesel!)

Then, the new film would follow; "The Fast and the Furious, Longbridge Drift"

I remember a grumpy old fart from my childhood with a maxi disiesel fook knows what engine he had shoe horned in but it sounded shit, he was a proper roadside bodger, this same old fart painted it on the side of the road in some shite navy blue colour, I always remember a group of us sitting on the wall watching him masking it up with a huge tin of grease then going wild covering everything with a blue haze, those where the days whats health and safety.

Mornington Crescent!

Sorry Mr. Roadwork, you can't do that - Biggun's Amendment to the Arkwright Alteration (named after its proposer, trailer magnate Ifor Biggun) has, since the 1986 convention, prohibited movement to Mornington Crescent when there are Leyland Influences present. Since the entire Underground stock (both tube and cut-and-cover) had been powered by the BL E-series in 1750cc dilithium crystal powered form since well before 1863, Biggun's Amendment applies in this case, therefore your move is illegal.

I remember a grumpy old fart from my childhood with a maxi disiesel fook knows what engine he had shoe horned in but it sounded shit, he was a proper roadside bodger, this same old fart painted it on the side of the road in some shite navy blue colour, I always remember a group of us sitting on the wall watching him masking it up with a huge tin of grease then going wild covering everything with a blue haze, those where the days whats health and safety.

We have found Old Fart!