lottery winner

doug

Well the grand plan was just to run this car over the winter and take it from there. DONT spend any money on it. DONT bugger about with it. Just run it.

Well that plan lasted 12 hours. So yesterday I washed  polished and gave it a hoover out. The old bus came up a treat.

SAM_9943_zpsbnf0axau.jpg

I noticed the clock,front interior lights were not working so started to investigate. Blown fuse was replaced only to blow again. After a big of digging I found the short behind the radio.

SAM_9937_zpswg4p0ojl.jpg

On a roll now...the hazard light were not working also, so after a bit of searching on google traced it to the relay. Re-soldered a bad joint and all was well.

SAM_9936_zpshy3rgeah.jpg

Also found some silver paint in the garage,so touched up a couple of rusty bits on the arches. Not a good match but will do for now.

SAM_9942_zpsfx3yzlct.jpg

Well chuffed with a days work. Off for a wee drive about now.

It should have alloys and was so equipped when I got it from D.Wobblah, but they had been wrapped (by a previous owner) in an interesting* selection of PVC Wan King Ditchfinders.  My plan was to get the alloys refurbed, so I had the new set of matching Avons mounted on steels - with the right wheel nuts - then realised I preferred the trims!