Facebook and New Car

AXrescuer

It's a funny old place. You're friends with someone for years, and then without a peep, they unfriend you. Strange... 8)

Anyways, life is waaaay too short to grieve over thumb-wielding ex-buddies so onwards and upwards.  Having recently lost my Astra G to a blind Fiesta toting woman who drove into it without looking and also due to a rapid decline in my health, I have the opportunity to get a new car under the Motobility scheme and so I am picking up a shiny new (metallic brown!) Vauxhall Mokka 1.4 Turbo on Friday. It's just arrived in the UK after an epic three week journey from Korea! I'm sad to be leaving my full time retro driving behind me but the Astra Mk3 Pineapple still waits in the garage to live another day, so at least on a part time basis, I'll be keeping a toe in the water so to speak.

...facebook friends, are the flotsam n jet sum of life; I regularly get 'jettisoned' as a 'friend by folk - many have done so; ive had to take 3 back 'accept as friend' again n all that BS; one had to 'make friends again with me in the virtual playground as he heard a mate of mine was 'looking for a merc 190E' he was selling..... -who know WTF their reasons are for casting you aside, but its hardly worth worrying 'bout, in the greater 'real actual world' scheme of things...

...try to enjoy the kia; you might miss that mk3 astra more than yr departed virtual friend - in months or even years to come you'll realise, which of the two was the bigger loss'...

I'm not on facebook but people keep passing my details on to people on there. The vast majority are really hard work with no idea how actual social interaction works

One lad turned up to buy a car, I went to shake his hand, he seemed suprised by this. No idea of the real world

Mokka sounds dull but a brand new shiny car for free would make me smile I'm sure ☺

• 4 weeks later...

I don't do Facebook. My wife doesn't either. My son begrudgingly used it at He university because the whole social networking and organisation of everything is now done on facebook.  He pissed my sister off by refusing to connect to her, and refusing to give her his mobile number, telling her she could have his address, and feel free to write a letter.  

My daughter did connect to my sister, and feels obliged to read me out her pointless posts like "I've just been out in the garden to remove the slugs from my lettuces. In the DARK!!!! "  or the "congratulations on getting into the second best university in Wales" .  It seems facebook is the way various pubs run their zero-hours contract staff too. Daughter had a part time bar job in Cardiff, and to find out the shift rota, they had to go onto a facebook page.