ajcherry spottings

ajcherry

Thanks for those pics, I was going to make a list of my favourites but I just cant!Brighton and the south coast does seem to be a hotbed of shite activity. Maybe its because its popular with retired types who take their cosseted old shite down there with them?

More good stuff from DAHN SAHRF....The Espace is the one for me....Obviously :roll:

Some of those pics look like they were taken in the area of Brighton that my Uncle used to live....Think it may be Guildford Street, and I know it was quite near the train station....Anywhere near? :?:

Inclement weather this week has seriously hampered my spotting opportunities,so nothing to get too excited about.

Rover 213

Posted Image

Toyota Campervan

Posted Image

Volvo 340

Posted Image

Lancia Delta turbo

Posted Image

Alfa romeo

Posted Image

VW fastback

Posted Image

2CV

Posted Image

Reliant Scimitar.I think every town in the UK has a least one of these often in someones front garden.

Posted Image

Wow, that Charade is ace!Did you really walk the length of someone's drive to take the R25 pic?

Yes i like those Charades to.I kept seeing that one on the move unable to get a picture and then on Sunday it parked at the end of my road.Sometimes you just have to be bold in order to bring you these pictures. :) That`s the first Renault 25 i`ve seen this year so i thought it deserved a rear picture.

I was watching an old episode of Last of The Summer Wine the other day and Clegg hid behind an A-reg Charade of the same colour. Excellent show for some TV-based shiting!

Some more spots from around my way.

Mazda 121

Posted Image

A collection of Skodas.There were 6 in total.These are situated on the A259 coast road not far opposite Shoreham power station.

Posted Image

Rover 213

Posted Image

VW Polo van

Posted Image

VW Polo van

Posted Image

Triumph Herald 13/60

Posted Image

Renault Twingo

Posted Image

Saab

Posted Image

One for you Espace lovers a 2000GTS

Posted Image

Opel Kadett 4dr

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lada Samara

Posted Image

Daihatsu Charade

Posted Image

Citroen XM

Posted Image

2CV

Posted Image

A few pictures taken in the last week or so that i hadn`t go round to posting.

Honda Ballade

Posted Image

Fiesta mk1

Posted Image

VW Polo coupe

Posted Image

Lada Samara

Posted Image

Peugeot 305 estate

Posted Image

Reliant Kittten

Posted Image

VW Golf van

Posted Image

Nissan Sunny van

Posted Image

Citroen GS left hand drive

Posted Image

Rover 216

Posted Image

Vauxhall Astra mk1

Posted Image

A few more spots from the last couple of days.

Nissan Sunny

Posted Image

Honda Accord

Posted Image

Renault 11

Posted Image

Sherpa

Posted Image

Renault 25

Posted Image

Citroen BX estate

Posted Image

Mazda 121

Posted Image

I normally need a good reason to take a picture of a Mini,being a Mini 25 was enough.

Posted Image

Granada mk2

Posted Image

Vandalised Safrane not one piece of glass left intact.

Posted Image

Rover Vanden plas 216 EFI

Posted Image

BMW 2002

Posted Image

Mazda 626

Posted Image

Montego

Posted Image

Metro

Posted Image

Saab

Posted Image

Capri

Posted Image

Citroen Dyanne

Posted Image

I spotted this Chrysler Avenger in my home town it`s 1.6.It was absolutely immaculate and comes with the mandatory tartan rug on rear parcel shelf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lancia Dedra. Falls into the catagory of modern shite as never popular when new.

Posted Image

Note to self:must make more of an effort to bring you more shite next time. :)

Funnily enough I prefer it! But only for nostalgic reasons - my dad had a W-reg estate as a company car in 1981, the first car he had I remember properly.Also you can't beat the crazy Alpine steering wheel on these versions, although I do concede the rear looks shit because of the spacing they've used to fill where the L-shaped tail lights used to be.

I'd happily have a facelift Avenger if it was that clean! They're one of those cars where towbars don't really work though, aren't they?RW, you've reminded me of something - I think my Grandad was responsible for putting people into a few Avenger estate company cars when he was transport manager for Marconi in Chelmsford for a while, early 1980's I think (a handy source of brochures for the young SL!). I remember seeing his list once and there being a lot on there.If you knew how excited my Grandad got about cars (ie. not much) you'd probably have despaired if you had to drive one of his choices........That Sunny estate is very clean, Accord saloon nice too.

I think the Avenger came from the period when my dad was working for a particularly dodgy chap, who ran off to the Algarve with his secretary...3 years later, Dad got a letter from Companies House saying did he know he was a director of an insolvent company? He did not :lol: Apologies for the thread hijack, it gives me a chance to reminisce about the company cars my dad had that are definitely now shite!After that he worked for a large construction company (Tilbury's) who had a BL-only fleet policy at the time, so we had the customary Marina 1.3DLs, one of the first-ever Itals (V-plate), then a Princess 1700. Apparently you weren't a man unless you drove a Princess without PAS. Tilbury went to a Ford-only policy in the early 80's so we had two 1600L Sierras, both new (an '83 and '86 - my dad had worked up from getting other folks' castoffs)...my uncle was my dad's boss (bizarre!) so he had some more interesting shite, namely a 2.3V6 Sierra GL on a Y-plate then a Granada 2.3LX on a B. I must show him mine... :lol: I had a shedload of brochures (oddly for all marques) as my dad was mates with the fleet manager, but they all got cleared out years ago. The pile Baz gave me brought back some great memories...Back on topic - I'm loving that Mk2 Capri, but (with my anorak on) I can't correlate it being an XL and an S-plate - sure they'd changed to GL by then! Might just be a replacement lid. Where have all the Mk2 Capris gone? I've decided they're my favourite shape now.

Today i bring you a varied selection of shite, firstly one for 02shed.

BMW 2002

Posted Image

Hyundai Sonata.Check the rusty wheel arch out.I probably wouldn`t have batted an eyelid if this had been in good condition.I think it`s an early one on an F plate.

Posted Image

Posh shite a Porsche 928

Posted Image

Mercedes 230

Posted Image

Future shite surely.I`ve only seen a handful of these(i`m not suprised at £17000 new).It was just about to leave the petrol station so had to move fast.Driver collared me as i snapped!

Posted Image

One for you Espace fans on here a C plate painted Fluorescent just to make sure i didn`t miss it.I have seen a couple of B plated Espaces in the past.

Posted Image

Triumph Herald 12/50

Posted Image

Honda Accord

Posted Image

Quality stuff!While I one day fancy an Espace I think I'd pass on that one! All year round sunglasses required me thinks!Oh, and can I put my Triumph anorak on. That's a late 1200 convertible not a 12/50. The 12/50's were only ever saloons with sun-roofs and a slightly improved 1200 engine (using a Spit cam...). The 1200 was available as saloon, coupe or convertible at various times until the 13/60 came out in '67. They kept making 1200 saloons as a base model until Jun '70 (ours is 189th from the last one built) :D