ajcherry spottings

ajcherry

Here is my first selection of shite spottings all taken in Brighton or surrounding area.Brighton is a haven for shite spotting with its victorian housing and on street parking.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/ajcherry/th_datsune10049.jpg

Datsun 240Z This must be an early one on a J plate.

[i

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/a ... e10048.jpg

Bedford CF

Posted Image

Bedford CF

Posted Image

Not sure what this was?

Posted Image

Triumph Acclaim

Posted Image

Toyota Camry

Posted Image

Datsun 910 Bluebird Estate

Posted Image

Posted Image

Datsun E20 Caravanette.This hasn`t moved in at least the last 8 years.

Posted Image

Ford Zephyr4 mk3

Posted Image

Renault 5 mk1 on a B plate.

[/img]

More shite to follow

Posted Image

Peugeot 505GRD Estate.Got collared taking this picture by the owner,didn`t know whether to make a run for it,seeing as i bravely walked up his drive.Anyway he askes me if i wanted to buy it,which i didn`t, but said i would point someone in his direction if i hear of anybody who wants one.It`s missing one piece of glass though.

Posted Image

Talbot Solara

Posted Image

Nissan Stanza

Posted Image

Ford Zephyr mk3

Posted Image

Mini Clubman convertible.More spots to follow!

That odd-looking camper van was a kit that was available in the '80s which fits on, as I recall, a Ford P100 chassis. I forget who made them, but most of them had the six wheel conversion (think the middle axle was the drive axle) and that hideous facelifted quad-headlamp front end as well.

Posted Image

Dodge Motorhome

Posted Image

Mazda 626

Posted Image

Ford Transit

Posted Image

Renault 12 The best spot of all and now slowly turning green.Its had two new front wings at sometime in its life as their in matt black primer.The elderly lady owner has had to stop driving it due to illness.It`s early one on a J plate.Plenty of filler in the bodywork.

Posted Image

Saab(not sure what model)

Wow!....Strada looks like a 105TC? 8)

Talbot Solara, R5 Mk1 AND R12???....Top quality French tat....Something that seems strangely absent here in Norfolk (except for the R20 that S.L found in a hedge near Diss of course!)....More of the same please! :wink:

Biege Saab is a 99 BTW... :)

Wow. Can't remember the last time I saw an original-shape Strada... I seem to remember they were advertised as being the first car bulit by robots. Shame nobody told the robots about rustproofing.There's a gorgeous early Renault 5 (I think it's on an M or N plate) in metallic bronze that comes on various classic car runs in Norfolk. The owner must be 70 if he's a day, and he won't part with it for the world. His is a manual though - I don't think there can be many automatics left.

That Visa is the spit of the one I had. Brilliant little car, although being a later model it had the boring Peugeot column stalks rather than the pods the earlier cars had. The only car in that post that I've never owned one of is the 309. I love old French tat. So much more interesting than the stuff they made recently. They're starting to get more interesting again now, but that stuff's all out of my price range, with the possible exception of the Renault Twingo, but they're like rocking horse doodoo over here. There does seem to be a fair amount of interesting stuff down your way . might have to stop for a poke around next time I'm down that way on an eBay-shite-related mission.

And now i bring you some British Shite spanning 40 yearsPosted Image

This Armstong Siddeley 234/236 is real rarity, got to be worth preserving,although it would take a brave man to take it on.Appeared to be all complete.

Posted Image

Riley one-point-five

Posted Image

Fiesta 1.1Ghia on an R plate

Posted Image

Wolseley 2200 tax ran out Dec06

Posted Image[/url

And finally a P reg Montego saloon. This was in my local Tesco carpark.

Sad to see that stacklight Merc disappearing. The Saab's a 99 I think. That Wolseley landrab needs to be rescurd for sure!

I was in Brighton a couple of years ago with an American frined and came across the coolest bus shelters I'd ever seen!

Posted Image

Here is my first selection of shite spottings all taken in Brighton or surrounding area.Brighton is a haven for shite spotting with its victorian housing and on street parking.

WOW some amazing spots there!

Posted Image

Fantastic to see one of these in such good order - proportionally there should be more of these surviving but I guess the old 1970s Renner tinworm bug was standard equipment :( the B-reg on "Super Fives" last relatively well due to better rustproofing

Posted Image

Haven't seen a Strada in donkeys although I thought they were facelifted a bit before B-reg :?

Posted Image

Something very transatlantic looking about that, I wonder what the chassis is - appearance is very similar to the RVs they seemed to use a lot in the Dukes of Hazzard :lol:

Posted Image

that Fiesta is AWESOME. R-reg is the first year of UK-spec production so that's probably one of the earliest left (if anybody can track down a pre-Aug 76 LHD one in Europe so as I can import it and have it registered on a P-suffix, let me know :D )

WOW! What a fantastic selection, as Baz says I don't think we'd ever find a selection of stuff like that up here.The A-reg Bluebird estate is one that Datman had for sale last year.Too much awesomeness to comment on the rest, they're all great.Impressed to learn that I have owned a car (309) that Wuvvum hasn't :shock::lol: I wouldn't rush, they're competent enough but there's an awful lot else I'd want to have before getting one of them. I reckon a mega-pov spec 3dr or one of the subtle injected 1.6 5dr models would be the way to go, other than the obvious TD.

Here is another selection of tat taken in Brighton over the Christmas/New year period.Not sure if i will be able to keep this high level of tat up for the forthcoming weeks.Posted Image

Honda CRX

Posted Image

Pov Spec Maestro

Posted Image

Ford Capri in a back street secondhand carsales yard.

Posted Image

Rover 220GTI

Posted Image

VW Polo Coupe

I still have a few more pictures to upload.

Next week i hoping to show you another Fiat Strada but it`s on private property so shall have to ask permission to photograph.Hope it`s still there!

Here is my German selectionPosted Image

VW Polo van. Certainly don`t remember seeing many of these around.

Posted Image

VW Van

Posted Image

Golf Cabriolet

Posted Image

Audi

Posted Image

VW Campervan.There are so many of these in Brighton i was getting sick of the site of them!

The stretched Granada is quite a beast, wonder what its occupation is now? Shonky airport taxi? Funeral wagon for the poor? Massive cruiser for a big fat pub landlord?