ajcherry spottings

ajcherry

• 1 month later...

It`s been a while since i`ve posted anything here but that`s not to say i`m never without my camera.Here`s a few more recent spots.

The Fiat 131 and Ritmo/Strada were all at the same address in Lancing,West Sussex, not that far from you Reggie.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fiat 500

Posted Image

VW Passat

Posted Image

Renault 11

Posted Image

Skoda caught on the move

Posted Image

A rather nice Herald 12/50

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

What about the blue X 1/9?Wow, another rhd Ritmo - I'm not alone! :D

I thought they were called Stradas here, throughout production. :? Is yours and that Abarth an import from a country that drives on the proper side where it was marketed as a Ritmo?
Sold as the Ritmo in Ireland (I think...) which is a RHD market (I know...) :wink:

The urban legend is that 'Ritmo' was the name of a brand of sanitary towel in the UK at the time, hence they used 'Strada'. Not sure how true that was... :lol:

I thought that was in the US, and be it that we always do what the Yanks do, they lumped us in with them? If not then why Strada also in America?

Speaking of which this is how to make the 'acquired taste for some people' MkI Strada into an 'acquired taste for everyone'......sell it to the yanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Lovely 1800! Just a smigin too late to qualify for historic road tax though :-(Date of Liability 01 02 2000Vehicle Status Unlicensed

See that's the problem with looking up the regs online, if we hadn't got photographic proof otherwise, you'd fear the worst from reading the above!