New floppytop shite

Jazoli

Took the wife car shopping yesterday, she is taking a car allowance so her astra is going back and we need to find a car to replace it, budget around 6k or so.

Shortlisted were an A4 cabrio and a 3.2 DSG TT which we went to view, the A4 was leggy and baggy and I wasn't that impressed with the TT so we stopped at a fine dining establishment (maccys) for a think and a brew, whilst browsing ebay I noticed a car 5 miles away ending in an hour, rang the seller who was in and went to view.

It was mot'd, had decent tyres and everything worked and was pretty tidy bar a few scratches and a cig burn on the drivers seat, this wouldn't have been acceptable on a 6k car but was ok for the price it was advertised at, more importantly the wife loved the car, we retired back to said fine dining establishment to bid on the car and to much happiness from the wife we won the auction.

The car....

2d678103b4ba41e0bf268d09aa193f8d.jpg

2244cb9163dc95acbdf45fcbabce22d3.jpg

32c160357e3915d0af792448bb1bc9f1.jpg

The winning bid? £400

Result!

Over £5.5k saved and a car the wife is over the moon with it for her 2 mile commute, happy days ðŸ˜ÂðŸ˜ÂðŸ˜ÂðŸ˜Â

£400 cars are ace.

but £5,600 is 40% of a motorbike... WTAF?

Quote from some review or other: "The R1M costs £18,499 but don't bother saving up: this year's UK allocation of 75 bikes sold out in a few hours."

:shock:

++ does not compute ++

£400 cars are ace.

but £5,600 is 40% of a motorbike... WTAF?

Quote from some review or other: "The R1M costs £18,499 but don't bother saving up: this year's UK allocation of 75 bikes sold out in a few hours."

:shock:

++ does not compute ++

I've never had a brand new bike but i'm feeling the need to buy a new R1, I am struggling to justify it though, I've done 1000 miles on my current 1000cc bike this year and all its cost is consumables, but I'd like a modern one with all the bells and whistles just because...

She's taking a car allowance?

Are there no clauses?

Our company allowance stipulates 4 doors, not cabriolet, less than 5 years old.

That Megan is none of those things.

It seems to vary from company to company. Mine doesn't care what you spend the allowance on. A couple of my colleagues don't even have cars and go everywhere by public transport & taxis.

There was talk a few years ago about the legality of imposing restrictions on what sort of car you use the allowance on..

That's an excellent saving. These Meganes are meant to be good, so I have read, being made before French electrics and computer skullduggery went to merde. My neighbour had one and he was always buying old cars to do up. He really liked his example and spruced it up quite nicely.

She's taking a car allowance?

Are there no clauses?

Our company allowance stipulates 4 doors, not cabriolet, less than 5 years old.

That Megan is none of those things.

No restrictions whatsoever thankfully, I've spent a bit of time on it over the last few days and it polishes up a treat, the electric hood is like new as is the rear window, everything apart from the aircon works, it' has a 2p sized hole in the drivers sill and the tyres whilst they have plenty of tread are in a shit state.

I've not driven it apart from on the drive and the clutch is heavy compared to my focus so it might need a new cable.

I'm also not keen on the alloys but it's the wife's car and she wants to keep them so they are staying.

I think we got a bargain for 400 notes