How Many Left?

J-Rod

They all had ECUs. Probably more likely they get used for the silver top zetec as opposed to the later black top. Best out of them would be the later 95-97 silver tops which had slightly more BHP.

It's more to do with a transducer in the keyfob and a sensor around the ignition barrel in post '95 cars. Early car didn't have them which simplifies the wiring even further perfect for transplants into grotty 70s saloons.

I noticed that the amount of Astra Gs on the road is in fast decline. There are still a lot obviously, they were a very common car, but upon realising that there are not as many about, last week I kept my eye out for them and managed to drive to work 3 days and did not spot a single one. Thats over 100 miles without seeing a single Astra G. Could not have even done that if I lived in the Scottish Highlands a couple of years ago they were so common, yet here I am driving from Bradford to Leeds without seeing one.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Mk1 Punto? Thats what I started looking out for after I spotted my first Astra, upping the game a bit with an older car. Gone about 150 miles now without a sighting.

• 3 years later...