Skizzer's XJ-S

Skizzer

Tuesday has dawned, filled with promise behind the grey clouds. I am off to deepest Cardigan, in Little England Beyond Wales, to collect this:

$_12.JPG

I've been moaning and grumbling about the price of these having gone silly this year, and watching another bucket list car soar skywards out of budget. As we've discussed, all the tweed cap classic magazine journalists have been revisiting them for the 40th anniversary and deciding they're not hideous and crap after all (which some of us knew all along). Meanwhile E-Types are out of reach of anyone sane, so values of these and XJCs are rising fast to fill the gap. Also Breadvan72 has got one, and his Polish countess friend, so everyone wants one. The price of the 2-door Jag wafting experience is zooming upwards.

Except this one. I'm getting change from £2k, and from the ad and the phone conversations it sounds like a good car from a decent seller.

Wish me luck :-D

I love old cars like this because they were purposely designed to be different and stand alone. Proper cars designed by proper car people.

Not quite the samey same same dross which is served up nowadays.

I have followed an XF and thought it was a Mondeo, and vice versa.

Blimey you kept that quiet! Looks really nice, I hope it is. Scary buying expensive chod though isn't it: the potential for HUGE financial meltdown an ever present danger.

I do love them (XJ-Ss) and the H.E. is a great car with a fabulous engine but working on them is a bloody nightmare. It will be fun comparing notes on our respective difficulties :)

I love old cars like this because they were purposely designed to be different and stand alone. Proper cars designed by proper car people.

Not quite the samey same same dross which is served up nowadays.

I have followed an XF and thought it was a Mondeo, and vice versa.

I went to look at an XF a few weeks ago for summat to do as I'd probably move upto one of those as my next jag.

It was such a let down!!

Cover the growler in the steering wheel and it could've been an Audi or a ford.

Shite.

Liking the XJ-S though. Proper chest wig drivers car!!

teehee, growler.

I still can't refer to the absent badge on my car as such without sniggering.

What's more fun is that in America - particularly in hipster-central Portland - craft beer is sold in growlers. "Take home a growler today" "Refill your growler" and all sorts of other funnier ones I can't remember. Yet they genuine have NO IDEA why I found it so funny.