Advice sought on a GT lifestyle plan...

fotorabia

Some great advice here, the sort that comes only from hard-won experience

Depending on what you have to put into it, you may not see much of a profit

Brilliant, cheers for that Quentin

if you had someone to twiddle the spanners for free a la Edd China you'd be quids in.

If only!!! A source of free parts might be worth having too in cvase you need to replace any.

You could ask a higher price and wait for a buyer - depends if you don't mind hanging on it a while before it sells

Don't forget to eat and drink regularly while waiting for a buyer

However, as a get and punt along car it has to be worth a go at that price. I can't see any on eBay, nor do they appear to have any price guides in PC magazine anymore. 

Try car & classic and see what is on there for a comparable car.

I'd d it if I had the dosh.

'I have no idea what its worth but I advise you to spend £5000 on it anyway'

etc

I think it should be £2000 as is.

Just spent a few days down in Edinburgh...and pootered out into Fife...there with lies a Reliant collection.Andy my best mate is negotiating with the brother in law...so we met him....he took us to a small modest house...in the garage..which is unimpreganble apart from the tree growing in the back..lies an SE4A..which is what Andy wants.In the garden are more small bursting sheds..an SE5 and two SE5A's.

The previous owner was called Rab. He died rather young.His daily SE5A is at a garage down the road.Its running..but we havent looked it properly.Its what I want. 1974 in capricorn blue.

scim_0737_zpsuxgbfgei.jpg

scim_0736_zpswg8vitt0.jpg

SE5

scim_0743_zpsdemwzcqn.jpg

scim_0746_zpsh8fdztor.jpg

SE5A

scim_0748_zpsabwqfpsf.jpg

SE4A

scim0756_zpsymd2esfq.jpg

We ve put an a lowball plus clean up offer in and will raise its slightly.None of its on the open market. The poor woman has to let it all go...its slow negotiation but we 'l see what happens..trying not to get excited...the lifestyle idea is....we re designing a book on rusty wrecks over the winter..and hopefully..then use Rab's JAP as the book hauler-car boot book sale on the shows n classic circuit nxt year....ill have a chauffeur.

I took the body of an se5a a couple of years ago, took the chassis to the shot blaster and had it blasted and primed, new copper pipes/flexi/wheel cylinders/calliper rebuild and jobs a goodun, there's a roll hoop bonded in to the body which rusts and it's a seat belt anchorage point but with the body off its a piece of piss to weld

Is the bottom purple one the pre-GTE Scimitar? (I don't know anything about the series numbers)

That must be quite rare*. There's got to be £800 quid of value in that lot, particularly if the runner turns out to be alright - being an N reg that will be tax exempt, so a useful daily?

*might not mean it's any more valuable though!

Is the bottom purple one the pre-GTE Scimitar? (I don't know anything about the series numbers)

That must be quite rare*. There's got to be £800 quid of value in that lot, particularly if the runner turns out to be alright - being an N reg that will be tax exempt, so a useful daily?

*might not mean it's any more valuable though!

yep..its a SE4A....2.6 Ford. straight 6...but thats Andys. I just get the SE5A ex Rab JAP...plus a tonnage of parts...and ive got another SE5 up here already....swapped it for a Sony amp...

The garage contains the GT6....the Scimitar stands guard beside it....i could have it for £40...which is the better deal?...considering we re going to look at a early Ogle coupe..and 4 other SE5s on Thursday in Perthshire!...a plastic armoury of Scimitars!

IMG_5904_zpsr2ouxctb.jpg

Return on Investment. £40 gets you a lot of spares which might be worth something on gumtree/soc

Ah well...no Scimitar for me...so Im out.JAP is too rotten..not worth bringing it home...but Andy got what we think is a SE4 -the first 298 built...the 2.6 engine that is with it is not triple carbs..so that could be later additive...anyway...i think the whole car thing is beyond me now so ill be bowing out...the epilepsy is the defining damnation that this hobby aint for me...so im gonna quietly disappear of this.

12039606_1042202825814494_58442593158569

12049535mmm_zpsehptcsl7.jpg